Students, faculty and staff participate extensively in UC Davis' cultural communities. Student-run clubs and organizations, themed residence hall programs and cultural celebrations provide opportunities for students to learn about both their own culture and other cultures. These opportunities help make the UC Davis campus a vibrant place for all students.
Below are links to pages that highlight some of the campus' culturally focused programs and resources. For a complete list of group and program information please visit the Center for Student Involvement website.
African American and African Student Resources
- African American and African Descent Student Resource Page. This page is full of relevant information for African American students, as well as African students.
- Black Engineers Association offers support and activities to help black students excel academically, succeed professionally and positively impact the community.
- Black Pages. A guide to the African and African American undergraduate experience at UC Davis.
- Center for African Diaspora Student Success. The center is a space for African and African American students to engage together in all aspects of life on campus.
- Minority Association of Pre-Med Students (MAPS) helps minority pre-medical students matriculate into medical school and other health care professions.
Asian and Pacific Islander Student Resources
- APIA Searchlight Directory. This student-produced guide offers a list of campus organizations and resources that may be of interest to students in the Asian and Pacific Islander communities.
- Asian American Association. The Asian American Association serves to unify Asian students and address issues within the Asian American community through political, social and community events.
- Filipinos in Liberal Arts and Humanities (FILAH). FILAH provides political, social, academic and personal support to fellow students in the various liberal arts and humanities and social science fields.
- SEA Pages. A guide to the Southeast Asian undergraduate experience at UC Davis.
Chicano/Latino Student Resources
- Brown Pages. A guide to the Chicana/o Latina/o undergraduate experience at UC Davis.
- Chicano/Latino resource page This page is full of resources for UC Davis Chicano/Latino students.
- Chicano and Latino Engineers and Scientists Society (CALESS). CALESS provides academic and moral support for our members. We achieve this through many social activities, arranging study groups, and providing resources for science and engineering courses.
European Cultural Groups
- Club Italiano Americano Organizzato. The purpose of our group is to promote the Italian culture through regular discussion sessions, movie nights, cultural field trips, and enhance the appreciation of a Mediterranean country that has brought its roots to the United States.
- French Club. The UC Davis French Club provides a casual and fun environment in which students of French language and culture can strengthen their language skills and learn more about this rich European culture.
- Russian Cultural Association. The UC Davis Russian Cultural Association is devoted to enhancing awareness of Russian culture and enriching the campus awareness of this diverse region.
- Turkish Student Association. Students interested in learning more about this ancient land are invited to participate in group activities, connect with Turkish students and discover Anatolia.
Native American Student Resources
- American Indian Recruitment and Retention (AIRR). AIRR was created by the Native American Student Union to address the needs of the UC Davis American Indian population.
- The American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES) . AISES is a student-run organization dedicated to academic excellence and Native American Students in the fields of science and engineering.
- Native American Resource Guide. A community guide to campus opportunities and resources.
- Native American Resources Page. This page is full of resources for Native American students at UC Davis.
Middle Eastern Student Resources
- The Arab Student Union open to any students interested in learning more about Arab culture, including food, music, and customs.
- The Iranian Student cultural and Aesthetic Organization keeps Persian culture alive and well-known throughout UC Davis.
- Middle Eastern and South Asian Community Resource Guide. Find out what campus resources are of particular interest to the campus Middle Eastern and South Asian communities.
- Muslim Student Organization. The MSA is a crossroads for students of all beliefs and ethnicities to discuss Islam, exchange ideas and work to understand Islam, the Quran and the Prophet Muhammad.
- Students for Justice in Palestine is a diverse group of students, faculty, staff and community members at UC Davis that is organized on democratic principles in a effort to promote justice, human rights, liberation and self-determination for the Palestinian people.