You are here

Special Situations for Transfer Applicants

Winter and Spring Quarter Applications

UC Davis typically does not accept applications for admission during winter and spring quarters. Learn more about filing dates and how you can apply late or for a closed term.

Earning a Second Bachelor's Degree

If you have a bachelor's degree substantially equivalent to one granted by the University of California, you may enroll as an undergraduate seeking a second bachelor's degree. Admission under this status will require a superior academic record and clear evidence of a change in objective. You must submit the online UC undergraduate application for admission and scholarships. Application filing dates are the same as those for new undergraduate applicants.

The College of Engineering considers second-baccalaureate degree applicants only in the majors of Biological Systems Engineering and Materials Science and Engineering. The applicant’s first degree must be not in engineering and the applicant must transfer directly from a California community college (CCC); all lower-division selective major criteria must be completed at a CCC prior to transfer. Admission requires the approval of the dean of the College of Engineering and the executive director of Undergraduate Admissions.

a student on a skateboard followed by others riding across campus - transfer students with special situations

Transferring Before Reaching Junior Status

If you plan to apply before earning junior-level status (90 transferable quarter units or 60 transferable semester units) you may apply to the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences in non-selective majors (see a list of selective majors). The College of Letters and Science, the College of Engineering and the College of Biological Sciences accept applications from junior-level transfers only.

Limited Status Enrollment

Students in limited status, also known as non-degree-seeking students, are those whose special achievements qualify them to take certain university courses toward a definite and limited objective. Currently, none of our academic colleges will accept limited status applicants. As an alternative to applying for limited status admission, you may wish to consider enrolling in our UC Davis Extension Open Campus program.