Discover UC Davis is a free career-planning event for first-year students at any of our UC Davis Transfer Opportunity Program (TOP) colleges.
Friday, February 26, 2016
8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
UC Davis Campus
You will learn about identifying a major ideally suited to your career choice, planning your transfer to UC Davis and how to pay for your bachelor's degree. A panel discussion that includes current transfer students and UC Davis alumni from TOP colleges will give you an opportunity to find out how other TOP students have achieved their goals and the experiences they've had along the way. You will also be able to:
- enjoy continental breakfast and lunch as part of your free registration
- take a student-led tour of the UC Davis campus
- discover the wide variety of majors and services available to you as a transfer student
- participate in information sessions about undergraduate research, financial aid, transfer student resources and preparing for a career or graduate study
- plan your next steps for a successful transfer to UC Davis
Free transportation from your community college is available! Register today to learn more.
In late January, first-year students at TOP colleges who have created a UC Transfer Admission Planner (TAP) account will receive an email invitation containing a registration link and information about how to sign up for free transportation between their TOP college and UC Davis. Make sure you receive an invitation—create your UC TAP account before February 10, 2016!
Photography and Video Advisory
Undergraduate Admissions staff will be taking photographs and/or shooting video footage during this event, which may include attendees' voices, images or likeness. The recorded materials may be used in various print and online formats for the purposes of future student recruitment. For more information, please visit ucdavis.edu/admissions/undergraduate/campus-recording.
Activities and Driving Information
Come prepared for an active day: wear comfortable walking shoes and layered clothing, and consider packing a bottle of water. There will be plenty for you to see and do!