Discover UC Davis
February 22, 2019
Career-Planning for Transfer Opportunity Program Students
Discover UC Davis is a free career-planning event held annually in February for Transfer Opportunity Program (TOP) community college students who are planning to transfer to a four-year college or university. This full-day event on the UC Davis campus helps first-year community college students get started on their path to a bachelor's degree:
- Plan your next steps for a successful transfer.
- Participate in information sessions about undergraduate research, transfer student resources and preparing for a career or graduate study.
- Learn about identifying a major ideally suited to your career choice.
- Get details on how to finance your degree.
- Attend a panel discussion to find out how other TOP students have achieved their goals.
- Take a student-led tour of the UC Davis campus.
This free event includes continental breakfast and lunch, as well as transportation from your community college.
TOP college students who have completed the personal information section of their UC Transfer Admission Planner (TAP) account by January will receive an email invitation containing a registration link. Make sure you receive an invitation—create your UC TAP account today!
Activities and Driving Information
Remember: Free transportation is available through your TOP community college transfer center. Come prepared for an active day: wear comfortable walking shoes and layered clothing, and consider packing a bottle of water. There will be plenty for you to see and do!
UC Davis staff will be taking photographs and/or capturing video footage during this event, which may include attendees' voices, images or likeness. The recorded materials may be used in various print and online formats for the purposes of future student recruitment. For more information, please visit: ucdavis.edu/admissions/undergraduate/campus-recording.