Join us for this transfer preparation program
August 4-7, 2022
Students who just graduated from high school (class of 2022) and plan to attend a community college that is part of the UC Davis Transfer Opportunity Program (TOP), AvenueB and AvenueE are invited to participate in a free 4-day, 3-night summer residential intensive transfer preparation program. Jumpstart your knowledge on how you can earn a university degree by transferring from your community college.
Topics will include:
- Majors and career discovery
- Transfer requirements
- Academic preparation and planning
- Financial literacy
- Transfer resources and tools
- Peer mentoring
Arrive at UC Davis campus at 3:00 pm on Thursday, August 4th and stay for the entirety of the program until 3:00 pm on Sunday, August 7th.
To be eligible for this event, students must:
- Graduated from high school this year, class of 2022
- Plan to attend a community college in fall 2022 that is partnered with UC Davis TOP, AvenueB, or AvenueE programs
- Complete the following sections of the UC Transfer Admission Planner (UC TAP):
- About me (Personal information, Demographic information, Support programs)
- My academic history (Schools attended, Coursework, Exams, if any) - include past, current, and planned coursework through spring 2023, if available
- My transfer plan (Where and when I plan to transfer)
Priority consideration will be given to first-generation and/or low-income students, and students who participated in college preparation programs (i.e., AVID, EAOP, MESA, Puente, ETS, Upward Bound, SAYS, IYT, College Track, etc.).
Aggie To Be (A2B) is free of cost. Housing, meals, and program supplies will be provided. Students who are accepted to participate as A2B scholars will need to provide their own transportation to and from the UC Davis campus for this event.
For more information, please contact Pamela Blanco at 530-219-0568 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is sponsored by