Deferred enrollment for admitted students
The deferred enrollment program allows newly admitted undergraduate students to postpone their initial enrollment at UC Davis for up to one year. During this time, students can pursue non-academic activities and opportunities that will assist them in clarifying their educational goals (e.g., travel, job opportunities, non-collegiate experience, resolution of personal, financial or medical concerns). Students are not allowed to enroll in any coursework at another accredited college or university during this time. The final deadline to submit a deferred enrollment petition is the first day of the quarter for which you were admitted.
To be eligible for deferred enrollment, students must submit the Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) by the appropriate deadlines for admitted freshmen or admitted transfer students, satisfy all university and campus admission and entrance requirements and provide all official final transcripts and examination scores. After submitting the SIR, students can apply for deferred enrollment through the MyAdmissions website.
Deferred Student FAQs
UC Davis applicants
- I have questions about submitting my official transcripts/exam scores to UC Davis, who do I contact?
- Contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions: Myadmissions or Ask an Advisor
- What are the rules to keep my deferment status in good standing?
- Students are not allowed to enroll in any coursework at another accredited college or university during this time. Students should satisfy all university and campus admission and entrance requirements and provide all official final transcripts and examination scores.
Starting at UC Davis
- Where do I find deadlines for campus services and the school calendar?
- You can find the Academic, Registration, Fee & Billing and Quarter Dates & Deadlines calendars here: registrar.ucdavis.edu/calendar
- I have questions about Orientation or Aggie 101, who do I contact?
- Contact Orientation: firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-752-4443
Visit the Orientation website: orientation.ucdavis.edu
Review Orientation’s upcoming deadlines: orientation.ucdavis.edu/dates-and-deadlines
Follow the Orientation program on social media: Instagram | Facebook
Hashtags: #New2UCDavis and #AggieOrientation
- I have questions about Housing or the Housing application, who do I contact?
- Contact Housing: email@example.com
Visit the Housing website: housing.ucdavis.edu
Review Housing’s upcoming deadlines: housing.ucdavis.edu/how-to-apply/residence-halls/
Follow Housing on social media: Instagram | Facebook
- I have questions about enrolling in courses, course enrollment, selecting my courses, or Aggie Advising, who do I contact?
- College of Letters and Sciences:
Contact an advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the L&S website: lettersandscience.ucdavis.edu/new-students
Follow L&S on social media: Instagram | Facebook | YouTube
College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences:
Contact an advisor: email@example.com
Visit the CAES website: caes.ucdavis.edu/students/new
Follow CAES on social media: Instagram | Facebook
College of Biological Sciences:
Contact an advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-752-0410
Visit the CBS website: basc.biology.ucdavis.edu/cbsaggieadvising
Follow CBS on social media: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
College of Engineering:
Contact an advisor: email@example.com
Visit the COE website: engineering.ucdavis.edu/undergraduates/prospective-students
Follow COE on social media: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube | Flickr | AggieVideo
- I have questions about Financial Aid, Scholarships and Work-Study. Who do I contact?
- Financial Aid & Scholarships Contact An Expert or 530-752-2390
Visit the Financial Aid website
Review important dates and deadlines: financialaid.ucdavis.edu/undergraduate/dates
Follow Financial Aid and Scholarships on social media: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
- I have questions about my visa, my visa interview, or my I-20, who do I contact?
- Contact Services for International Students and Scholars: firstname.lastname@example.org Visit the SISS website: siss.ucdavis.edu
Follow SISS via Global Affairs on social media: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
- I have questions about access to my required EVERFI Modules; who do I contact?
Please review the information on campus’s Harassment & Discrimination Assistance and Prevention Program (HDAPP) website. For EVERFI holds or access issues, please email Ashley Gallegos.
- I have questions about my required immunizations or the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP); who do I contact?
- Please start by reviewing information for new students about immunizations/health requirements and SHIP. If you still have questions about immunization holds or required documentation, please contact Student Health and Counseling Services at 530-752-2300 or via Health E-messaging.