- Community Survival Strategies for Active Shooter incident — The campus Police Department presents this two-hour workshop. Two sessions remain this academic year: April 29 and May 27.
- Annual asbestos notification — Dated Jan. 7, this notice is required by the California Health and Safety Code, notifying all employees of the presence of asbestos in campus buildings constructed prior to 1979.
- Call for nominations for Citations of Excellence — Staff Assembly awards program for individual staff members and staff teams, for outstanding achievement in one of the following areas: teaching, research, service, innovation, supervision and team. Deadline extended to April 5.
- Call for nominations for UC Davis Sustainability Champion Awards — For students, staff and faculty. Deadline: April 22.
- Call for nominations for ADVANCE Scholar Awards — Open to mid-career and senior Academic Senate and Academic Federation faculty who advance diverse perspectives and gender equity in STEM through their teaching, research and service. Two awards will be given, one to an Academic Senate member, and, new this year, one to an Academic Federation member. The recipients will receive a small cash award and deliver a distinguished campus lecture in fall 2020 at the award symposium. Nominations can be made by UC Davis faculty, staff postdocs and students. Deadline: May 15.
Scholarships for staff and dependents
- Call for applications for Staff Scholarships — To pursue personal/professional development as well as associate, bachelor or graduate degrees at community colleges, state colleges, universities (public or private) or professional schools. Deadline extended to April 5.
- Call for applications for Staff Dependent Scholarships — For dependents of career staff who will begin or continue undergraduate studies at UC Davis in the 2020-21 academic year. Deadline extended to April 5.
- Staff MBA Scholarship Program — The Graduate School of Management offers up to $36,000 over three years for new students in the Sacramento or Bay Area Part-Time MBA programs. Deadline: June 1 (for program start in fall 2020).
Administrative advisory committees
- Call for applications for membership on administrative advisory committees in 2020-21 — The committees provide an opportunity for all constituencies — Academic Senate and Academic Federation members, staff, graduate students, and undergraduate students — to participate in governance of the campus. Deadline: April 13.
Staff advisor to the Board of Regents
- Call for applications for staff advisor to the Board of Regents — Position is open to nonrepresented and represented staff members or non-Academic Senate academic employees who have at least five years of UC service. The term runs for two years, 2020-22, the first year as staff advisor-designate, the second as staff advisor. Deadline: April 3.
- Prohibition on political campaign intervention — The University of California strongly supports public and civic engagement by members of the university community, in both their professional and personal capacities. At the same time, we must adhere to the restrictions outlined inb this advisory from the Office of General Counsel.
- Restrictions on the use of university resources and facilities for political activities
- Legal guidelines for UC participation in ballot campaigns
- UC president
- UC Davis provost and executive vice chancellor
- UC Davis vice chancellor of Student Affairs
- Call for proposals for COVID-19 Research Accelerator Funding Track, or CRAFT — Open to all disciplines performing research on or related to COVID-19. Funds are to be used to support immediate research needs and proof of concept work, and must be expended within nine months, preferably six months. Deadline: April 8 and every Wednesday thereafter until the funds are exhausted.
- Call for applications for Edward A. Dickson Emeriti Professorship Awards — Administered by the UC Davis Emeriti Association, providing support to emeriti/ae professors for their teaching, research and-or public service. Deadline: April 18.
- Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program — Applications are being accepted for teaching and research awards for the 2021-22 academic year. Deadline: Sept. 15.
Roads and paths
- Arboretum paths, south side of the waterway between Mrak Hall Drive and the Wyatt Pavilion (Mary Wattis Brown Garden of California Native Plants) — Closed until May or June for installation of brick pavers, plus other upgrades. The project takes in two paths that connect the upper and lower paths across from Environmental Horticulture; one is being converted to stairs and the other rebuilt so that it is universally accessible. Detours are in place.
- Arboretum paths in the vicinity of La Rue Road — Closed through spring and possibly into summer due to reconstruction of the La Rue Road bridge. Detours are in place.