Skip to main content
- Active Shooter Survival Workshops — The campus Police Department presents this two-hour workshop. Four dates are on the schedule at this time: Dec. 4, Feb. 20, April 29 and May 27.
- Call for nominations for UC Davis Social Justice Awards — Presented annually during the UC Davis Equity Summit; the 10th annual summit will be held March 10, 2020. Award nominees can be of any age and do not have to be associated with any organization. We encourage you to consider nominating a student or colleague. Deadline: 5 p.m. Dec. 2.
- Call for nominations for Academic Federation awards — James H. Meyer Distinguished Achievement Award, Distinguished Service Award, Excellence in Research, Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, and Excellence in Graduate and Professional Teaching and Mentoring. Deadline: Dec. 18.
- Call for nominations for Chancellor’s Achievement Awards for Diversity and Community — Honoring achievements that contribute in substantial ways to the development and well-being of our diverse and evolving community. Eligibility extends to faculty, staff, students and local members. Deadline: Dec. 18.
- Call for nominations for Academic Senate awards — Faculty Distinguished Research Award, Distinguished Scholarly Public Service Award and Distinguished Teaching awards (undergraduate and graduate). Deadline: Dec. 20.
- Call for nominations for Chancellor’s Awards for International Engagement — Recognizing individual faculty and staff members for their outstanding international engagement in carrying out the university’s missions of teaching, research and service. Nominations are welcome from faculty and staff from across the campus. Deadline: Jan. 15.
- Call for nominations for Excellence in the Teaching of Study Abroad Awards — Recognizing the dedication of instructors who design and teach Study Abroad programs and make international experience accessible to UC Davis students. Nominations are welcome from UC Davis faculty and staff, as well as from students and alumni of UC Davis Study Abroad programs. Deadline: Jan. 20.
- Call for proposals for Global Affairs Seed Grants for International Activities — Partnering with UC Davis colleges and schools, Global Affairs provides these grants to faculty taking on innovative research, service and engagement projects around the world. Deadline: Nov. 27.
- Call for proposals for Global Affairs Grants for Advancing Sustainable Development Goals — Team-focused grants of up to $7,500 for locally executed but internationally oriented multidisciplinary programs such as lectures and workshops that highlight and enhance UC Davis’ connections to one or more of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Proposals welcome from faculty in all schools and colleges. Deadline: Jan. 13
- Call for applications for funding from the UC Davis Blum Center for Developing Economies, offering grants to students for poverty-alleviation projects next summer — Poverty Alleviation Through Action, or PATA, is for undergraduates, deadline March 15. Poverty Alleviation Through Sustainable Solutions, or PASS, is for graduate students, deadline March 20.
- Road and path closure, Tilla Street, in UC Davis West Village — Tilla Street closure between Celadon Street and the Tilla Street terminus to the west, extended through Dec. 1, for utility work and bus stop construction. Pedestrians and bicyclists are strongly encouraged to seek alternate routes to avoid congestion in the construction/closure area. Please plan and allow extra travel time during the construction.
- Bike path closure along Old Davis Road in the south campus — This closure extends between just south of Interstate 80 and the Arboretum Waterway, for underground electrical work, through Dec. 15. Autos and bikes must share the road.
- Additional path closure along the Arboretum Waterway — This closure is on the north side of the waterway between Putah Creek Lodge and the land bridge just west of Putah Creek Lodge Road, for underground electrical work, through Dec. 15. Arboretum paths also are closed on both sides of La Rue Road, for bridge reconstruction.
- Bus stop closure in Visitor Parking Lot 56 (Health Sciences District) — The closure has been extended through Dec. 24, for continued work on a steam vault project. As a result, the intercampus shuttle and YoloBus are dropping off and picking up passengers at sheltered bus stops (one eastbound, one westbound) on Hutchison Drive at Health Sciences Drive.