Skip to main content
- WarnMe test — Noon Wednesday, Jan. 29; alerts will come by text message and email to faculty, staff and students, and others who have registered. Be sure your contact information is up to date.
- Community Survival Strategies for Active Shooter incident — The campus Police Department presents this two-hour workshop. Four dates are on the schedule at this time: Feb. 20, April 29 and May 27.
- Save the date for ADMAN conference — The Administrative Management Group’s annual conference, with a theme of “It Starts With Us” for 2020, will be held Tuesday, March 17. The conference is open to all UC Davis staff members at all levels who are interested in professional development. More information about this year’s conference, including the registration link and registration fee scholarship information, will be posted on the conference webpage.
- UC president — The Special Committee to Consider the Selection of a President announced it will hold four town halls around the system to hear from students, staff, faculty, staff, alumni and the public, for input on choosing the next president. The committee posted the agenda for the first forum, to be held from 1 to 3 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 16, at UC Riverside (and said it would be livestreamed on the presidential search website), and gave the date and location for the second forum, Monday, Jan. 27, at UC Berkeley. The other two forums will be held at UC Merced and UC San Diego in late January or early February (with more information to be provided as details are confirmed).
- Provost and executive vice chancellor — The Opportunity and Challenge Profile (position description) has been posted to the recruitment webpage.
- Vice chancellor of Student Affairs — The leadership profile (position description) has been posted for this position.
- Call for nominations for Excellence in Teaching in Study Abroad Awards — Recognizing the dedication of instructors who design and teach Study Abroad programs and make international experience accessible to UC Davis students. Nominations are welcome from UC Davis faculty and staff, as well as from students and alumni of UC Davis Study Abroad programs. Deadline: Jan. 20.
- Call for proposals for UC MEXUS-CONACYT Grants for Collaborative Research — Provided by the University of California Institute for Mexico and the United States (UC MEXUS) and El Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología (CONACYT) to UC-Mexican teams. Deadline: Feb. 24.
- Call for proposals for UC MEXUS-CONACYT Postdoctoral Research Fellowships — Provided by the University of California Institute for Mexico and the United States (UC MEXUS) and El Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología (CONACYT) to UC and Mexican researchers. Deadline: Feb. 24.
- Call for proposals for CITRIS seed funding — The Center for Information Technology Research in the Interest of Society and the Banatao Institute have a total of $500,000 available for principal investigators, $40,000 to $60,000 per project in these fields: sustainable infrastructures, people and robots, health, policy lab, future of work and women in tech. Deadline: March 18. UC Davis information session: noon-1 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 28, 1131 Kemper Hall.
- Call for applications for funding from the UC Davis Blum Center for Developing Economies, offering grants to students for poverty-alleviation projects next summer — Poverty Alleviation Through Action, or PATA, is for undergraduates, deadline March 15. Poverty Alleviation Through Sustainable Solutions, or PASS, is for graduate students, deadline March 20.
Roads and paths
- Bus stop closure in Visitor Parking Lot 56 (Health Sciences District) — Extended to mid to late January for continued work on steam vault project. During this period, the intercampus shuttle and Yolobus are picking up and dropping off passengers at sheltered bus stops (one eastbound, one westbound) on Hutchison Drive at Health Sciences Drive.