Skip to main content
- Donation events — Aggie Surplus and Student Housing are offering free furniture at three Student Housing Apartment locations in August. The first event, Friday, Aug. 7, is reserved for UC Davis departments and registered nonprofit organizations, with departments having access even before Aug. 7. The other donation events, open to everyone, will be Monday, Aug. 10; Thursday, Aug. 13; and Wednesday, Aug. 19. See details and available furniture in this PDF. Nonprofit organizations not already registered will be considered “general public”; registration information is available here. Questions? Contact Aggie Surplus by email or telephone, 530-752-2145.
- Water supply — Important notice to lab personnel and others on campus who run water through special equipment: The campus is receiving less water from the Sacramento River than normal, by order of the state Department of Water Resources, citing insufficient precipitation. As a result, Facilities Management is mixing more groundwater into the campus’s water supply. See the official announcement for complete information.
- Prohibition on political campaign intervention — The University of California strongly supports public and civic engagement by members of the university community, in both their professional and personal capacities. At the same time, we must adhere to the restrictions outlined in this advisory from the Office of General Counsel.
Roads and paths
- Arboretum paths are open under the old A Street bridge (also known as the old concrete arch bridge), near the east end of the Arboretum Waterway — Path closures ended Thursday (July 30) after campus facilities personnel completed the bulk of their work wrapping portions of the sides of the 101-year-old bridge in mesh fabric for debris protection (to catch any pieces of concrete that may fall off). This is a temporary measure pending a decision on whether to retrofit the bridge for seismic safety or tear it down. The bridge, which sits about 300 feet east of the Old Davis Road bridge, is for pedestrians and bicyclists; no cars allowed.
- Road closures in the Quad District — North Quad Avenue (on the north side of Wickson Hall and the Memorial Union) is closed between California Avenue and East Quad Avenue, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. daily through Aug. 14, for installation of pipelines for the Big Shift heating-system conversion project. Use East Quad Avenue to access California and Shields avenues. For deliveries to the MU, use West Quad Avenue off Shields Avenue (West Quad is otherwise closed to thru traffic). Questions can be directed by phone to Design and Construction Management, 530-754-1111; or by email to Dan Golde, project manager.
- Arboretum paths in the vicinity of La Rue Road — Closed during construction of the new La Rue Road bridge. Detours are in place.
Transit and parking