The minor in Atmospheric Science provides a broad treatment of weather and climate, with the option to focus on such topics as climate change, meteorological instrumentation, and satellite remote sensing. Students undertaking the minor should have completed minimum preparatory course work in calculus and physics (MAT 016A-016B, PHY 005A or 007A). Some upper division courses in Atmospheric Science have the MAT 021 and 022 series and the PHY 009 series as prerequisites.
Complete the following two courses (8 units)
- ATM 060 Introduction to Atmospheric Science (4 units)
- ATM 110 Weather Observation and Analysis (4 units)
Choose four upper division courses, with the approval of the minor program advisor in one of two ways (12-16 units)
- Four upper division Atmospheric Science courses (excluding 192 or 199).
- Three upper division Atmospheric Science Courses (excluding 192 or 199).
- and ESM 131 Air as a Resource (3 units)
Total = 20-24 units
Kyaw Tha Paw U