Wicked Problems, Meet Your Match.
Join a faculty driven by diversity
Associate Professor Lorena Marquez of Chicana/o/x Studies (left), author of "La Gente," stands with staff member Yajaira Ramírez Sigala on the UC Davis campus. UC Davis' AVANZA Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) initiative advances student success.
What you bring:
- A strong record of research and teaching excellence
- An accomplished track record of teaching, research or service activities addressing the needs of historically-marginalized students or communities
- Engagement and activity related to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
- A clearly articulated vision of how your work at UC Davis will serve the needs of our diverse state and student population
- Exciting ideas to advance research in your discipline
At UC Davis, we recognize that only by bringing diverse researchers and scholars together can we solve society’s greatest challenges and build a stronger, more equitable future.”
–Gary S. May, Chancellor
Chancellor May’s Commitment to Diversity
- President for Latino Student Success (Excelencia in Education)
- Advisor for National Society of Black Engineers
- Named among 1,000 Inspiring Black Scientists in America by Cell Mentor (2022)
- Inducted to the National Academy of Engineering for his success in growing diversity and his innovations in semiconductor manufacturing (2018)
- Received the Presidential Award for Excellence in STEM Mentoring by President Barack Obama in for his work in supporting underrepresented students (2015)
Face to Face with Professors Maisha and Torry Winn
Face to Face with Professor Theanne Griffith
Campus diversity resources
Imagine yourself among scholars who not only believe that change is necessary, but possible.
#1 for Diversity and Internationalization in the US by QS World Rankings
UC Davis has spent more than twenty years advancing faculty diversity. We’ve pioneered implicit bias workshops for faculty recruitment advisory committees, effective evaluation of contributions to diversity, and signature initiatives that have provided more than $20M in hiring incentives for faculty with multicultural perspectives. Since UC Davis received its NSF-ADVANCE Institutional Transformation grant in 2012, the proportion of UC Davis tenure-track faculty who identify as Latinx/Chicanx has nearly doubled, and UC Davis has been recognized as #1 of the 13 most important STEM universities for women. We offer a suite of programs to assist faculty in making the transition to a new career at UC Davis and to a new life in our region. Learn more about our commitment.