This initiative has been developed under the auspices of the Office of the Chancellor and Provost.
These recruitments are announced on a rolling basis through the UC Davis Recruit website and available for application here.
Most postings will be in fall, with applications due in winter and final hires announced in spring/early summer.
All applicants seeking faculty positions at UC Davis are required to submit a statement about their past, present, and future contributions to promoting equity, inclusion, and diversity in their professional careers.
→ View Statement Guidelines
UC Davis’ Commitment to our New Faculty
From the Office of Academic Affairs:
- Strength through Equity and Diversity (STEAD) faculty search committee workshops, anti-bias training and certification for all search committee members
- Effective evaluation of (required) Statements of Contributions to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Confidential Advisor to assist candidates with in-person interviews
- Faculty Success Program enrollment
- Dual career support through the Capital Resource Network and Partner Opportunities Program
- Transition support through the Capital Resource Network and mortgage assistance programs
- Access to award-winning Work-Life Balance Program
UC Davis Statement on Diversity in Hiring
The University of California, Davis (UC Davis) is committed to inclusive excellence by advancing equity, diversity and inclusion in all that we do. UC Davis celebrates the multi-cultural diversity of its community by creating a welcoming and inclusive environment demonstrated through a variety of resources and programs available to academics, staff, and students. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are core values of UC Davis that are embedded within our Principles of Community and are tied with how to best serve our student population.
Our excellence in research, teaching, and service can best be fully realized by members of our academic community who share our commitment to these values, which are included in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Vision, our strategic plan: “To Boldly Go,” our Principles of Community, the Office of Academic Affairs’ Mission Statement, and the UC Board of Regents Policy 4400: Policy on University of California Diversity Statement.
UC Davis is making important progress towards our goal of achieving federal designation as a Hispanic-Serving Institution and an Asian American, Native American, and Pacific Islander-Serving Institution.
The Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion offers many resources on their website, and the Office of Health Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (HEDI) has outlined similar goals in their Anti-Racism and DEI Action Plan.” Links on the About Us webpage provide information on our Administration, Diversity and Inclusion, Rankings, Locations, Native American Land Acknowledgement, Sustainability, Visiting UC Davis, UC Davis Health, and Campus Safety.