- WHAT: Academic Awards and Academic Senate Faculty Distinguished Research Award
- WHEN: Monday, April 30
- AWARDS PROGRAM: 5:30 p.m.
- RECEPTION: 6:30 p.m.
- FACULTY RESEARCH LECTURE: 7:10 p.m.
- WHERE: Ballroom, Conference Center
- RSVPs are requested by Tuesday, April 24, and can be arranged online.
- MORE INFORMATION is available by email or phone, 530-754-2050.
Awards season has arrived for the Academic Senate and Academic Federation, which are honoring their members for their teaching, research and public service.
Carlito Lebrilla, a professor of chemistry, is the recipient of the Academic Senate’s highest honor, which has a new name this year: the Faculty Distinguished Research Award, formerly the Faculty Research Lecture award. The “lecture” may be gone from the title, but the recipients still have the honor of presenting the Faculty Research Lecture at the annual awards ceremony. See box for details.
Other senate awards:
- Distinguished Scholarly Public Service — Jeannie Darby, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering; Gregory Downs, Department of History; and Calvin O. Qualset, Department of Plant Sciences.
- Distinguished Teaching, Undergraduate — John Eadie, Department of Wildlife, Fish and Conservation Biology; Gail L. Patricelli, Department of Evolution and Ecology; and Jared T. Shaw, Department of Chemistry.
- Distinguished Teaching, Graduate and Professional — Annaliese K. Franz, Department of Chemistry; Mark Jerng, Department of English; and Patricia Pesavento, Department of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology, School of Veterinary Medicine.
The Academic Federation this year added two award categories: Distinguished Service, recognizing a member who has made significant contributions to the world, nation, state and-or local community through distinguished public service; and Excellence in Graduate and Professional Teaching.
Here are the federation award winners for 2018:
- Distinguished Service — Richard Snyder, Department of Land, Air and Water Resources
- Excellence in Research — Tina Saitone, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics
- Excellence in Graduate and Professional Teaching — Peter Green, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, College of Engineering; Richard Pomeroy, School of Education; and Willard Snyder, Graduate School of Management
More about the recipients follows, in write-ups from the award committees or by UC Davis public information representatives and content strategists, working from their own research and from nomination materials.
Distinguished Scholarly Public Service Awards
Distinguished Teaching Awards: Undergraduate
Distinguished Teaching Awards: Graduate and Professional
Distinguished Service Award
Excellence in Research
Excellence in Graduate and Professional Teaching
Dateline Staff, 530-752-6556, firstname.lastname@example.org