Welcome to the Freshman Class of 2020! We are excited to show you our campus and give you a taste of the many opportunities that await you as a UC Davis student. At the free Decision UC Davis event, you and your family will be able to:
- Take guided tours of the campus and residence halls.
- Learn about support services that will help you transition to university life, participate in undergraduate research and connect with internships.
- Chat with academic advisers and professors about your goals and expectations.
- Get to know our cultural communities at informal meet and greets.
- Speak with advisers about your financial aid award, and learn about our UC Davis Aggie Grant, Middle Class Scholarship, the UC Blue and Gold Opportunity Plan and need-based grants.
- Find out how your family can stay involved through UC Davis Parent and Family Programs.
Register for Decision UC Davis using the custom registration link in your email invitation. You must use the link in your invitation to register, so be sure to check the email address listed on your UC application!
Please check back in March to find out what's planned for our 2016 event! Take a look at our 2015 agenda for a preview, and plan your visit using the links below:
Chat with UC Davis Financial Aid officers in the days leading up to Decision UC Davis, during the event or after the event is over! Pick up your financial aid award on MyAdmissions, then stop by the Academics and Student Services Fair during Decision UC Davis or contact a Financial Aid officer through MyUCDavis or 530-752-2390.
Undergraduate research is one of the cornerstones of a UC Davis education. Join our students as they present their research projects and findings at this annual event. Students from a wide variety of majors and disciplines will present the results of their undergraduate research projects conducted under the supervision of a faculty member or professional. This free conference is a wonderful opportunity to learn more about how you can get involved in research as early as your freshman year!
UC Davis Picnic Day, April 16
UC Davis Picnic Day is the largest student-run event in the United States and is the annual open house for UC Davis. Attending is a great way to get a "feel" for our campus atmosphere. There will be more than 150 events throughout the campus, including crowd favorites such as the campus float parade, dachshund "doxie derby" races, the chemistry magic show and the fashion show. We hope you'll join us!
Sacramento International Airport is just 20-minutes outside of Davis. If you're planning on staying at one of Davis's many hotels and inns, please be sure to make reservations early, because lodging fills up quickly! You may also choose an overnight stay in Sacramento to experience our state's capital city, or one of the smaller communities just outside of Davis.
For more information on airlines, lodging and regional attractions, please visit the following:
- Sacramento International Airport
- Davis Wiki
- Davis Downtown Business Association
- Sacramento Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Yolo County Visitors Bureau