Amid the COVID-19 outbreak, we have been closely monitoring the guidance provided by local and state public health departments, which strongly recommend canceling any non-essential large gatherings or events. In consideration of these recommendations and the size and scope of our event, it is with great regret that we announce the postponement of the 20th Anniversary Cesar Chavez Youth Leadership Conference and Celebration until winter 2021.
The health of our community is our first priority, and we feel it is important to support the effort to increase social distancing. As the CDC suggests, we also urge everyone to take the following steps to protect yourself:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community.
The Steering Committee for the Cesar Chavez Youth Leadership Conference