The new name for UC Davis’ premier indoor athletics venue is taking hold around campus.
A sign company this week installed the complete name, University Credit Union Center, at the main entrance (northeast corner) of the building formerly known as The Pavilion, and two signs with the abbreviated name, U Center, at the southeast and southwest corners. In addition, “The Pavilion District” on wayfinding signs has been replaced with “U Center District.” Note, however, the Pavilion Parking Structure name is not changing.
Map signs and paper maps will be updated by September, and the Office of Campus Planning is working with companies like Google and Apple to ensure the new name is accurately reflected on their maps. The online campus map has already been updated.
The name change is part of a 10-year partnership with the credit union that took effect July 1. The deal also includes funding for student initiatives and will bring University Credit Union ATMs to the Davis and Sacramento campuses and an advisory center to the Memorial Union for financial services. UC Davis co-branded debit and credit cards are also now available, and University Credit Union will contribute $19.51 to the Aggie Compass Basic Needs Center for every card opened with at least five transactions through Sept. 30.
Another improvement to University Credit Union Center is a new Daktronics videoboard, more than 13 feet high and 46 feet wide, which can show replays and real-time statistics.
Cody Kitaura is a News and Media Relations Specialist in the Office of Strategic Communications, and can be reached by email or at 530-752-1932.