UC Davis has earned 30 awards for its marketing and communications efforts.
Twenty-eight of the honors, from the Atlanta-based organization Educational Advertising Awards, were announced in March and presented last month. The awards recognize outstanding publications, events, campaigns and shows that highlight the university’s mission.
Separately, The Communicator Awards on May 2 recognized two UC Davis videos with awards of excellence: Chancellor Gary S. May Celebrates Five Years of Leading UC Davis (in the category: general-education/educational institutions) and Confronting Climate Anxiety (in the category: general-social issues/responsibility).
Among this year’s Educational Advertising Awards, UC Davis earned honors for both physical and virtual projects ranging from podcasts and videos to bus and airport advertising.
The university’s “Outgrow the Expected” campaign earned gold awards for its presence on the sides of Sacramento Regional Transit trains and at Sacramento International Airport, and a bronze award for billboards.
Admissions efforts won awards for a new Discord server (gold) and for a blog and television ad on Telemundo (bronze).
The Educational Advertising Awards program is the largest, oldest and most respected educational awards competition in the country.
Here are all of UC Davis’ EduAdAwards, listed by award level (with category in parentheses):
- UC Davis Majors Blog (Blog Sites)
- 2022-23 UC Davis Poster Calendar (Calendar)
- Community Is How We Succeed (Equality and Diversity Promotion)
- Outgrow Campaign at Sacramento International Airport (Installations)
- Admissions Discord Servers (Miscellaneous Interactive Media)
- Amazon Store Launch (Other: Misc. Collateral, Special Promotional)
- Outgrow Campaign on Sacramento Regional Transit (Outdoor)
- Unfold Podcast Season 4 (Podcasts)
- Secrets of the Universe showing at the SMUD Museum of Science and Curiosity (Special Event Materials)
- UC Davis Discoveries (Digital Video Ad-More than 2 minutes)
- Dateline UC Davis (E-Publication)
- UC Davis Magazine (Publication/External)
- Real Places of UCD (Streaming/On Demand Content)
- Chancellor Dunk Tank (TikTok Content)
- Aggies in Love (Other Social Media Content)
- UC Davis Admissions Blog (Blog Sites)
- Davis Discoveries (Online Display Ad)
- Thursday Thoughts (Other Social Media Content)
- Outgrow Campaign Billboards (Outdoor)
- UCD Soundscapes / Slow Content (Streaming/On Demand Content)
- Viewbook (Student Viewbook)
- Telemundo Admissions Recruitment-Acceso Total (90 sec) (Television Advertising-Single)
- UC Davis Discoveries (Website)
- HSI Facebook Parent Panel (Facebook Content)
Cody Kitaura is a News and Media Relations Specialist in the Office of Strategic Communications, and can be reached by email or at 530-752-1932.