The Physical Sciences and Engineering Library has already closed for winter break — a week earlier than UC Davis’ three other libraries — to accommodate a construction project. The Shields, Carlson and Blaisdell libraries will be closed from Saturday (Dec. 22) through New Year’s Day.
If you’re working next week, Wednesday-Friday, Dec. 26-28, and having computer trouble, the IT Express Service Desk will be open those days to assist you. Repro Graphics’ campus office will be closed Dec. 24-Jan. 1, but the main office will close only on the campus holidays, Dec. 24-25 and Dec. 31-Jan. 1.
And if you’re not working and looking for something to do, the Jan Shrem and Maria Manetti Shrem Museum of Art is open through Sunday (Dec. 30), with two exhibitions (including Bruce Nauman: Blue and Yellow Corridor), which is being held over.
Shields Library — 8 a.m.-6 p.m. daily through Friday, Dec. 21. Closed Dec. 22-Jan. 1.
- 24-Hour Study Room (for currently registered students only) is open throughout the break.
Blaisdell Medical Library — 8 a.m.-5 p.m. daily through Friday, Dec. 21. Closed Dec. 22-Jan. 1.
Carlson Health Sciences Library — 8 a.m.-6 p.m. daily through Friday, Dec. 21. Closed Dec. 22-Jan. 1.
Physical Sciences and Engineering Library — Closed through Jan. 1. This library closed Dec. 15, a week earlier than the others, to accommodate construction activities related to the PSE Library QMAP Renovations and Seismic Retrofit project. During the additional closure week of Dec. 17-21, library patrons with urgent needs for a print volume housed at PSEL should contact either email@example.com (for reference) or firstname.lastname@example.org (for circulation), and library staff will work with the building contractor to get access to the needed volumes, as safety permits. Nonurgent requests during this time will be handled through the interlibrary loan services at Shields Library.
Information and Educational Technology
IT Express Service Desk — Regular hours through Friday, Dec. 21, open 7 a.m.-6 p.m. weekdays. Then, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Wednesday-Friday, Dec. 26-28. Regular hours resume Wednesday, Jan. 2. Contact IT Express via the web or by phone, 530-754-HELP (4357). Or consult the IT Knowledge Base.
Information and Educational Technology offices — Academic Technology Services closed to the public from noon Friday, Dec. 21, through Tuesday, Jan. 1; Enterprise Infrastructure Services (Communications Resources), limited staffing, and business office closed Dec. 22-Jan. 1; Operations, reduced staff and most units closed to public Dec. 22-Jan. 1; Information Security, open on workdays with reduced staff.
UC Davis Canvas — The support hotline, operated by Instructure (the company behind Canvas), is always open, including holidays, at 844-303-8285. For live chat support, click the “help” icon when logged in to UC Davis Canvas.
- 1400 Enterprise Blvd., Suite 10, West Sacramento — Regular hours, 8 a.m.-noon and 1-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, except for these holiday closures: Monday-Tuesday, Dec. 24-25 and Dec. 31-Jan. 1.
- 176 Hoagland Hall — Closed Dec. 24-Jan. 1.
Manetti Shrem Museum
The Jan Shrem and Maria Manetti Shrem Museum of Art has much for you to see through Sunday, Dec. 30, including Bruce Nauman: Blue and Yellow Corridor, which has been held over through April 14. The museum’s other fall exhibition, Irving Marcus, had always been scheduled to run through Dec. 30 — so you can still see it, too.
- Bruce Nauman: Blue and Yellow Corridor — The first realization by the alumni artist (MFA ’66) of the participatory environment he conceived in 1970, Blue and Yellow Corridor is a narrow passageway that wraps around an existing room, combining colored fluorescent light and closed-circuit video to manipulate the viewer’s perceptual experience. Plus, other Nauman works. Guest curator: Ted Mann. This exhibition had been scheduled to close Dec. 16, but will now run through April 14.
- Irving Marcus: Romance & Disaster, A Retrospective — Vibrant and intensely personal paintings alongside works on paper, by an artist considered part of the extended UC Davis art community. Curator: Rachel Teagle, the museum’s founding director. Through Dec. 30.
Of course, you’ll need to take note of special and closures through winter break and into January:
- Tuesday-Wednesday, Dec. 18-19 — Regular hours, noon-6 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 20 — Shortened hours, noon-6 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 21 — Regular hours, noon-6 p.m.
- Saturday-Sunday, Dec. 22-23 — Regular hours, 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Monday-Tuesday, Dec. 24-25 — Closed.
- Wednesday, Dec. 26 — Regular hours, noon-6 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 27— Shortened hours, noon-6 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 28 — Regular hours, noon-6 p.m.
- Saturday-Sunday, Dec. 29-30 — Regular hours, 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Monday-Tuesday, Dec. 31-Jan. 1 — Closed.
- Jan. 2-26 — Closed for installation.
- Sunday, Jan. 27 — Winter Season Opening Celebration, 2-4 p.m.