Winter break and the days leading up to it bring special hours and-or closures to transportation services. Here’s what we know about Unitrans, the campus-city bus service; shuttle service between Davis and Sacramento, and Davis and Berkeley; Fleet Services; UCDrive; and Transportation Services (TAPS):
- Through Friday, Dec. 14 — Finals Service.
- Monday-Friday, Dec. 17-21 — Break Service (buses run to and from the Memorial Union Terminal only).
- Saturday-Sunday, Dec. 22-23 — Weekend Service.
- Monday-Tuesday, Dec. 24-25 — No service (use Yolobus 42).
- Wednesday-Sunday, Dec. 26-30 — Weekend Service.
- Monday-Tuesday, Dec. 31-Jan. 1 — No service (use Yolobus 42).
- Wednesday-Friday, Jan. 2-4 — Break Service (buses run to and from the Memorial Union Terminal only).
- Saturday-Sunday, Jan. 5-6 — Weekend Service.
- Monday, Jan. 7 — Regular Service resumes.
Davis-Berkeley shuttle — Regular service through Saturday, Dec. 22: Depart Davis, 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, and 9 a.m. Saturday; depart Berkeley 11:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, and 11 a.m. Saturday. Then:
- Saturday-Sunday, Dec. 22-23 — One round trip a day, depart Davis 9 a.m., depart Berkeley 11 a.m.
- Monday-Tuesday, Dec. 24-25 — No service.
- Wednesday-Sunday, Dec. 26-30 — One round trip a day, depart Davis 9 a.m., depart Berkeley 11 a.m.
- Monday-Tuesday, Dec. 31-Jan. 1 — No service.
- Wednesday, Jan. 2 — Regular service resumes: Depart Davis 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday; depart Berkeley 11:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, 11 a.m. Saturday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Fleet Services — Regular hours through Friday, Dec. 21 (closing at 5 p.m. as usual that day). Closed Dec. 22-Jan. 1. Fuel stations and vehicle rentals and service will not be available during the closure. Each Fleet Services vehicle has a Voyager fuel card that can be used to purchase fuel at most major stations. Rentals will still be available through UC Drive (see below).
Fleet Services customers with vehicle emergencies should call the UC Davis Police Department, 530-752-1230, and police will then contact the appropriate Fleet Services personnel.
UCDrive — Vehicles available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at three locations around the campus. Must sign up for the program in advance (processing can take up to 24 hours). Read more about UCDrive and how it works — and its newly added BMW ie3s.
Transportation Services (TAPS) — TAPS office, regular hours through Thursday, Dec. 20, and shortened hours, 8:30 a.m.-noon Friday, Dec. 21. Parking enforcement and motorist assistance, shortened hours, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Thursday, Dec. 17-20, and 7 a.m.-noon Friday, Dec. 21. Then:
- Noon Friday, Dec. 21-Jan. 1 — TAPS office, Special Events, University Airport and Sign Shop closed and parking enforcement suspended. You will still be able to conduct the following TAPS business online: buy parking permits and appeal citations.