Reduced operations are still the order of the day on the Davis campus, where a conservative approach during the pandemic means the campus — with one notable exception — is having to make only minor adjustments to stay in line with changing public health orders.
The notable exception is Intercollegiate Athletics, which has paused its men’s and women’s basketball competition in accordance with Yolo County’s updated order, which took effect at 12:01 a.m. Sunday (Dec. 6), restricting professional and collegiate sports to drills and conditioning only, with physical distancing, and only outdoors.
Elsewhere on campus, the Activities and Recreation Center and the Craft Center had already shut down a second time, when Yolo County moved from the state’s red tier to the most restrictive tier, purple, Nov. 17.
Shields Library, the Memorial Union and the Campus Store remain open with reduced capacity. See guidance for each facility:
- Shields Library
- Memorial Union
- Campus Store (maximum capacity 20 percent in accordance with Yolo County’s Dec. 6 order, down from 25 percent)
The Coffee House, which has been open for takeout and delivery, will close after today (Dec. 8), for the duration of the year.
Gatherings: Please don’t
Guidance for gatherings on campus is simple: They are not allowed, indoors or outdoors, with exceptions related to public health, such as blood drives.
The campus strongly discourages gatherings off campus, but, if they are held, the campus is in alignment with Yolo County’s guidelines:
- No more than three households with a maximum of 16 people, including host.
- Must be held outdoors.
- Outdoor space should be large enough to allow attendees to remain at least 6 feet apart from one another at all times from those not in their household.
- Maximum duration of two hours.
- Wear face coverings.
- Minimize food and beverage sharing.
- Do not attend any gathering if you have symptoms of illness or are at high risk of severe illness or death from COVID-19.
Testing kiosks on campus remain in operation. Employees and students must use the kiosk in the Activities and Recreation Center, or ARC. Regular hours are in effect through Sunday, Dec. 20, as follows:
- Seven days a week — 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Extended hours Wednesday — 6 a.m.-6 p.m.
Appointments required through the Health-e-Messaging portal.
The ARC kiosk will be closed Dec. 21 to Jan. 1 for the winter holidays and curtailment, with the exception of a half day, 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, Dec. 26.
During the closure:
- The testing question will be removed from the Daily Symptom Survey.
- Employees and students may use the Healthy Davis Together testing kiosks at the Davis Senior Center or in the lobby of the Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts. Appointments for these kiosks must be arranged through the Healthy Davis Together website.
Before and after the winter break, the Healthy Davis Together kiosks are for community members only.
The ARC kiosk will reopen Saturday, Jan. 2. Employees regularly accessing campus facilities will have until Thursday, Jan. 7, to resume weekly testing in order to comply with campus policy.