New clinic serves UC Davis Health patients
Updated 2:45 p.m. Jan. 25: UC Davis Health has provided an updated link for the Jan. 26 open house.
UC Davis Health will show off its new Davis Campus Clinic during a virtual open house at 2 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 26. The primary care clinic for UC Davis Health patients opened last month in a new building at the corner of Hutchison Drive and Dairy Road.
The clinic is an extension of the primary care clinic on West Covell Boulevard, which has served the Davis community for more than 20 years.
The open house will include remarks by Chancellor Gary S. May and two UC Davis Health executives: David Lubarsky, CEO and vice chancellor of Human Health Sciences; and Michael Condrin, chief operating officer-ambulatory care. Clinic manager Chris Jackson will lead a tour.
Hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Patients will find plenty of parking adjacent to the clinic (enter Parking Lot 46 off Hutchison drive and turn right). Bike parking is also available.
Note: Patients with lab, X-ray or pharmacy needs will be referred to the Davis clinic at 2660 W. Covell Blvd.
Coffee House closed through winter quarter
The Coffee House is closed through the end of winter quarter and possibly longer, director Darin Schluep announced.
“The CoHo management team wants to thank all of its loyal customers and supporters, ASUCD leadership, and especially all of its student employees who have remained patient and understanding as we’ve navigated these extremely difficult times,” Schluep said in a statement last Thursday (Jan. 14), one day before the closure. “We will be utilizing this break in service to evaluate the past year’s operations and identify key learnings and improvements to implement as part of the reopening strategy for the Coffee House and its satellite operations.”
He said COVID-19 has made operating difficult because “there simply aren’t enough folks on campus to sustain the business.”
Schluep said the closure would be reevaluated at the end of the quarter, but it could extend through spring and summer.
Other on-campus food options include three at the Silo:
- Spokes Grill — 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Crêpe Bistro — 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Thursday
- Peet’s Coffee — 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday
- Latitude Market — 8 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Scrubs Café (Health Sciences District) — 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Residential markets (Segundo and Tercero only) — 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday, and noon-8 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
- Sage Street Market and Café (West Village) — Market: 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Friday and noon-8 p.m. Friday-Sunday. Café: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday and 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
Dateline Staff, 530-752-6556, email@example.com