- Q&A on Instagram Live: 5:30 p.m. today (Sept. 21)
- Vax proof or negative test required at football games
- Davis campus vaccination “compliance” rate is 99%
- Healthy Davis Together adds testing site, welcomes walk-ins
- Testing requirements for employees and students
Today: Q&A on Instagram Live
UC Davis’ social media team is hosting a COVID-19 Q&A on Instagram Live today (Sept. 21) with Ryan Manriquez, ASUCD president; Cindy Schorzman, medical director of Student Health and Counseling Services; and Leslie Kemp, director of the Aggie Compass Basic Needs Center.
To get into football games ...
UC Davis Athletics, acting in the interest of public health and to ensure the safest possible environment for spectators, coaches and student-athletes, announced today (Sept. 21) that it will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test within 72 hours prior to admission to home football games starting with the next game, Oct. 2.
“Upon entrance at UC Davis Health Stadium, all guests, staff and media members age 12 and older must show either a CDC vaccination card, a state of California digital COVID-19 record (such as a SMART Health Card) or results from a negative test administered within 72 hours prior to kickoff,” officials said in a news release.
UC Davis students, faculty and staff may show their Daily Symptom Survey with “Approved” status to gain entry.
Face coverings will still be required for all indoor spaces, including restrooms, and will be encouraged for all patrons when social distancing is not possible.
For questions or more information about this policy, please contact the UC Davis Ticket Office, 530-752-2471.
As of Monday (Sept. 20), the UC Davis COVID-19 Dashboard showed the following vaccination rates for the Davis campus:
- Students — 97%
- Employees — 93%
- Combined — 96%
The “compliance” rate — accounting for all who are fully vaccinated, and those with approved and pending medical and religious exceptions, and deferrals for pregnancy — stood at 99% as of last Friday (Sept. 17).
HDT welcomes walk-ins
A reminder to UC Davis employees and students that you are welcome to go for COVID-19 testing as walk-ins at two Healthy Davis Together testing sites, and that, if you identify yourself as a UC Davis employee or student, your results will be uploaded automatically into Health-e-Messaging.
The sites are the Veterans Memorial Center and HDT’s newest location, as of Monday (Sept. 20), called HDT at Research Park.
- Saliva-based testing for people with and without symptoms.
- Rapid testing for people with symptoms or exposure to COVID-19.
The testing site at the Veterans Memorial Center, 203 E. 14th St., is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday (closed for lunch, 11:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m.) and offers:
- Saliva-based testing for people with and without symptoms and exposure to COVID-19.
See the Campus Ready Testing webpage for the latest information on this and other HDT sites, and the Sacramento campus testing site, which is also open to Davis campus students and employees, by appointment.
For fully vaccinated employees and students:
- If your normal schedule brings you to campus at least once per week, you must get tested at least once every 14 days. This requirement took effect Sept. 20, so your last to be tested during this first 14-day period is Sunday, Oct. 3.
- If you visit campus less than once per week (because of flexible work agreements or remote class schedules), you must undergo testing prior to accessing university facilities, either on the same day of their visit or up to 14 days prior to your visit.
For unvaccinated employees and students:
- You must get tested at least every four days, regardless of when you access university-controlled facilities. This requirement took effect Sept. 9.