- More on the campus's switch to daily rates for parking
- Transitioning to Retirement series begins Friday (Jan. 15)
More on switch to daily parking rates
A follow-up to last week’s update on campus parking and the switch to daily rates of $2 in L lots and $3 in C lots: These affiliate rates are not available to employees who still hold monthly permits or goClub members who are being issued complimentary passes for 10 days of parking.
Employees with L and C permits may continue to use them through June 30 or give up their permits now and switch to the daily rates. Monthly permits will no longer be available for employees as of June 30.
Daily payment can be handled in one of three ways:
- ParkMobile app — Click here for download information.
- Phone — Using the number posted on signs in each parking area.
- Kiosk — New, solar-powered kiosks have been installed outside each parking structure and in six lots. Note: The kiosks charge visitor rates, so employees and students must use the app or pay by phone to get UC Davis affiliate rates.
No physical permits are issued; instead, Transportation Services now uses license plate recognition technology to match plate numbers with those that are entered in the ParkMobile system.
The daily rates work out to be roughly the same, on a monthly basis, as permit fees. Transportation Services is making the change in consideration of changing commute patterns — that is, employees are making less frequent trips to campus, or none at all.
Many employees have already given up their parking permits, due to working entirely or mostly from home during the pandemic. In fall quarter, Transportation Services welcomed those employees into the goClub and provided them with complimentary passes for 10 days of parking, for the occasional days when the employees needed to come to the campus.
That program continues in winter quarter. Transportation Services is in the process of distributing the passes; they will arrive by mail automatically, unless you previously arranged to pick them up.
Transitioning to Retirement
The UC Davis Retiree Center’s annual Transitioning to Retirement series starts this Friday (Jan. 15).
The four-week program (one three-hour class per week) has two tracks: one for staff, the other for faculty/physicians/academics. The registration deadline is Wednesday (Jan. 13).
The classes — all by webinar — are scheduled on consecutive Fridays, Jan. 15-Feb. 5, at the following times:
- Staff — 9 a.m.-noon
- Faculty/physicians/academics — 1- 4 p.m.
Here are the weekly topics:
- Jan. 15 — Introduction and UC Retirement Plan
- Jan. 22 — Retiree health benefits and human resources considerations
- Jan. 29 — Financial planning in retirement and Social Security
- Feb. 5 — Work and lifestyle transitions
Within each track, each class requires a separate registration. The Retiree Center recommends enrolling in all four classes, although you can opt for fewer.
Each track has a separate webpage with more information and registration links. The organizers remind: Please be sure to open the appropriate page.
There is no automatic notification to supervisors when their employees sign up for Transitioning to Retirement.
Can’t attend, or you are more than five years from retirement? Check out online presentations and other resources on the Retiree Center’s retirement planning webpage.
For more information about the series, contact the Retiree Center at email@example.com or 530-752-5182. For assistance with registration, contact Staff Development and Professional Services, 530-752-1766.
Dateline Staff, 530-752-6556, firstname.lastname@example.org