- Season-opening football at Cal, with a tailgate, Sept. 3
- Football’s first home game Sept. 17: Tickets are on sale
- Soccer, field hockey and other teams also starting play
Updated 10:45 a.m. Aug. 30: The deadline to buy tailgate tickets is 5 p.m. Tuesday (Aug. 30).
Updated 2:30 p.m. Aug. 16: With an excessive heat warning in place until 8 p.m. Friday (Aug. 19), UC Davis Athletics announced the cancellation of that evening’s Aggie Fall Fest, out of an abundance of caution. The free event unfortunately will not be made up due to the start of fall competition. Everyone who RSVP’d to attend the event or paid for the women’s clinic portion should have received an email this afternoon with additional information. If you have additional questions, please contact the ticket office at 530-752-2471.
Before summer gives way to fall, we have some fallish events on the athletics calendar, including the Aggie Fall Fest and our first football game of the season, at Cal, complete with an Aggie tailgate party.
Plus, while football season tickets have been on sale for a while, and are still available, athletics is now also selling single-game tickets. The Aggies’ first home game is Saturday, Sept. 17, with a 7 p.m. kickoff. See below for more information, including the complete home schedule.
Football isn’t the only sport in pre-fall and fall: Women’s and men’s soccer and field hockey also begin play in August, and other sports will follow: men’s and women’s cross country, men’s water polo, women’s volleyball and equestrian. See below for more information.
Aggie Fall Fest
Join student-athletes and coaches at UC Davis Health Stadium, 5:30-8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 19, for this family-friendly event showcasing fall sports and including a girls night out option. Admission is free, but please RSVP.
The Aggie Fall Fest will feature student-athletes from a variety of sports, on-field youth clinic (6 p.m.), kids zone, student-athlete autographs and a behind-the-scenes look at the stadium’s renovated locker rooms for football, lacrosse and field hockey.
Also, meet Cori, the Aggies' new tee-retrieving dog making her debut at the first home football game (Sept. 17), and gear up for the season with new Aggie swag from the bookstore.
Beer and wine will be available from local vendors, and Woodstock's Pizza also will be available for purchase.
The girls night out option, for ages 21 and up, comprises what used to be called the Women’s Huddle. The program, starting at 6 p.m., includes a meet and greet with student-athletes and coaches, a player Q&A panel with film review and on-field skill stations run by football players. The $10 cost includes a T-shirt and, at evening’s end, beer and wine tasting in the Bruce Edwards Club Room.
Football at Cal
Saturday, Sept. 3, kickoff 1 p.m. But, first, the tailgate with buffet lunch: 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at the Cal Alumni House (patio and Toll Room). Sponsored by the Cal Aggie Alumni Association, open to all, members and nonmembers alike. Remarks by Chancellor Gary S. May, Director of Athletics Rocko DeLuca and the CAAA, and also featuring Gunrock and the Cheer Team.
Note: The deadline to buy tailgate tickets is 5 p.m. Tuesday (Aug. 30).
Lunch menu: hamburgers, hot dogs, barbecue chicken, coleslaw, baked beans and watermelon, along with vegetarian options (including Beyond Burgers). Plus, beer from Sudwerk, and wine, soft drinks and water.
The game: Aggies and Golden Bears, 1 p.m. kickoff, California Memorial Stadium, in the preseason opener for both teams. CAAA has compiled information on parking, alternative transportation and getting to the stadium from Alumni House by shuttle or uphill walk.
Purchase tickets here for the following categories:
- Tailgate and game ticket (UC Davis section) — $90 for CAAA members, Team Aggie members and season ticket holders; $105 for the general public; and $70 for ages 12 and under.
- Tailgate only — $45 for CAAA members, Team Aggie members and season ticket holders; $60 for the general public; and $25 for ages 12 and under.
- Game ticket only for UC Davis section — $45.
Season tickets and single-game tickets are available as follows:
- In person — UC Davis Ticket Office, UC Davis Health Stadium, northeast corner to the right of Gate 1, 20-minute visitor parking available directly in front of the stadium off southbound La Rue Road. Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Phone — 530-752-2471
The schedule (all dates are Saturdays) at UC Davis Health Stadium):
- Sept. 17 — San Diego, 7 p.m. (Welcome Back Week and Orientation)
- Sept. 24 — Weber State, 7 p.m. (Staff-Faculty Day and High School Band Day)
- Oct. 15 — Northern Arizona, 4 p.m. (Homecoming, Hall of Fame, and Parent and Family Weekend)
- Oct. 29 — Cal Poly, 4 p.m. (Battle of the Golden Horseshoe and Ag Day)
- Nov. 5 — Idaho State, 4 p.m. (Senior Day, Doxie Derby and Salute to Heroes)
This year’s Causeway Classic vs. Sacramento State is an away game: Saturday, Nov. 19, Hornet Stadium, time to be announced.
Other fall sports
The Aggie women’s and men’s soccer and field hockey teams are back in action this month (see below), and other sports will follow: men’s and women’s cross country, men’s water polo, women’s volleyball and equestrian.
- Women’s soccer — UC Davis opened the season Sunday (Aug. 7) with an exhibition match at St. Mary's, posting a X-X win, and will play Nevada at Lake Tahoe Community College, South Lake Tahoe, in an exhibition match this Friday (Aug. 12). The Aggies’ preseason at home starts with matches against Pacific, Thursday, Aug. 25, and San Francisco, Sunday, Aug. 28.
- Men’s soccer — UC Davis opens the season with an exhibition match at San Francisco, Wednesday, Aug. 17. The Aggies open the season at home with an exhibition match against Chico, Saturday, Aug. 20, with free admission.
- Field hockey — The Aggies open preseason play at home, Saturday, Aug. 27, vs. Holy Cross.