As with previous winter breaks, campus heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems will take a vacation as well — but this year only on the official campus holidays, Tuesday-Wednesday, Dec. 24-25 and Dec. 31-Jan. 1 (in addition to the normal weekend setbacks).
MORE WINTER BREAK
On those days, in designated campus buildings, thermostats will be adjusted so that room temperatures drift more widely than normal, getting as cool as perhaps 55 degrees Fahrenheit before the heat kicks in. (So bring an extra sweater if you’re coming in).
These HVAC vacations only apply to offices and classrooms, not to critical spaces such as laboratories and animal spaces. Find out more about holiday energy savings.
Facilities Management personnel will be available all through winter break to address buildings and grounds emergencies. Call the Customer Support Center, 530-752-1655.
Likewise, police and fire services will continue through winter break. For emergencies, call 911. For nonemergencies on the Davis campus, call 530-752-1727 any time.
We’ve also got winter break information on payroll, Human Resources, Occupational Health Services and workers compensation, and Supply Chain Management (including campus mail).
Payroll, HR and UCPath
Pay dates occurring during the winter holidays period are:
- Biweekly — Monday, Dec. 23, for the work period ending Dec. 14
- Monthly — Thursday, Jan. 2, for December
Central Payroll Services will be closed, Dec. 24-Jan. 1.
The Human Resources Shared Services Organization offices in Davis will be closed to the public Dec. 23-Jan. 1, with some limited staffing. For urgent HR issues, please leave a voicemail at 530-752-0530, send an email to email@example.com, or submit inquiries via Aggie Service, and staff will respond to issues as they are able.
Though not directly tied to the winter break or holidays, UCPath will be offline from 5 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 18, through 8 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 22, for cutover activities related to bringing other campuses into UC’s new payroll and personnel system. Also during this time, the UC Davis job application system will be offline.
Injuries and workers comp
Occupational Health Services, the campus-based medical clinic for work-related injuries and illnesses, will be closed Dec. 23-Jan. 1. In case of employee injuries during this period, call 911 for emergencies; otherwise, go to:
- Davis Urgent Care — Open 9 a.m.-9 p.m. 365 days a year at 4515 Fermi Place, Suite 105 (across from the Target Store on Second Street; click here for map), telephone 530-759-9110
If Davis Urgent Care is closed, go to the emergency room at:
- Sutter Davis Hospital Emergency Department — Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year at 2000 Sutter Place (off West Covell Boulevard west of Highway 113; click here for map), telephone 530-757-5111
The Risk Management and Workers Compensation offices will be closed, Dec. 24-Jan. 1. To report a new workers compensation claim during that period, call Sedgwick CMS, 877-682-7778.
Supply chain, including mail
Mail delivery on the Davis campus will be suspended Monday-Friday, Dec. 23-27, and Dec. 30-Jan. 1. During this period on all but the official holidays (Dec. 24-25 and Dec. 31-Jan. 1), you can pick up your mail from 8 a.m. to noon and 1 to 5 p.m. at the Hopkins Services Complex, 615 Hopkins Road, or you can request Special Messenger service for a fee (requests must be submitted by 11:30 a.m. for same-day delivery).
These other Supply Chain Management units will be closed to the public Dec. 23-Jan. 1:
- Accounts Payable Help Desk (see Payment Services webpage for information)
- Travel Help Desk (see Travel and Entertainment webpage for useful information). For travel card emergencies during the holidays, contact Vartan Vartkessian by email.
- AggieBuy Help Desk (see AggieBuy webpage)
- AggieShip Help Desk (see AggieShip webpage)
- UC Davis Scientific Store in Haring Hall
- Aggie Surplus
- Microscope Services
- Special Services
Brenda Dawson, 530-752-7992, firstname.lastname@example.org