The UC Davis Library is holding a series of drop-in sessions to acquaint instructors with the relatively new process of setting up course reserves in UC Davis Canvas, the campus’s online learning management system.
The Canvas-linked course reserves system, in place since last spring, allows instructors or their designates to:
- Create reading lists and send them to the library.
- Indicate if they will be providing personal copies.
- Add notes for the library, students or for themselves.
- Link directly to electronic content.
- Track in real time the progress of materials being placed into course reserves.
During hourlong drop-in sessions over the next three weeks, faculty and teaching assistants are invited to bring their citations to receive personal assistance in building lists of materials to be held in reserve. Students are allowed to borrow reserved materials for limited amounts of time — so as to allow maximum access.
Here is the schedule of drop-in sessions (all of them will be held in the Shields Library Instruction Lab, first floor):
- Wednesday, Sept. 19 —10-11 a.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 20 — 2-3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 26 —10-11 a.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 27 — 2-3 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 2 — 1-2 p.m.