Open enrollment is half over — so what are you waiting for? Need more information? The Davis campus Benefits Office has scheduled two more presentations and two more help desks.
AT A GLANCE
- WHAT: Open enrollment for 2017
- WHEN: Continues until 5 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 22 (two days before Thanksgiving)
- HOW: For most employees, open enrollment is an online process, via At Your Service Online. Make sure you receive a confirmation number, or your selections will not be processed.
If you need assistance or don’t have access to a computer, contact your benefits office:
- Shared Services Center, 260 Cousteau Place, Suite 150, Davis — Call 530-752-1774 or drop in, 8:30 a.m.-noon and 1-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Ticon III, 2730 Stockton Blvd., Suite 2300, Sacramento — Call 916-734-8099 or drop in, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Learn more about open enrollment:
- UC open enrollment website (includes plan costs and FAQs)
- “Open Enrollment's Big Change: Disability Insurance” (Dateline UC Davis)
- “Open Enrollment 2017: Changes and New Opportunities" (UCnet)
- Thursday, Nov. 10 — Presentation, 3-4 p.m.; and help desk, 4-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 16 — Presentation, 9-10 a.m.; and help desk, 10-11 a.m.
All sessions will be in Room 182 of the Human Resources Administration Building on Orchard Road just west of La Rue Road.
The presentations are described as general overviews of benefits options in the new year: health coverage, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, and dental, vision and legal plans.
HR officials say everyone should especially take a look at disability insurance, because UC is presenting all-new options for this voluntary, supplemental coverage; extending eligibility to more part-time employees; and allowing all eligible employees to sign up without having to submit a statement of health — which means you cannot be denied enrollment due to a pre-existing condition.
Up until this year, only employees eligible for full benefits could sign up for this coverage. Starting in the new year, this coverage is available to all employees who are eligible for mid-level and core benefits.
One other important note, this one for people who wish to continue their flexible spending accounts for dependent care and-or health care: These accounts do not renew automatically. You must take action during open enrollment, to sign up anew.
Dateline Staff, 530-752-6556, email@example.com