In-person concerts might still be a ways away from resuming, but that’s not stopping the university’s Cello Ensemble from performing. The group, led by Susan Lamb Cook, artist affiliate in cello and chamber music, performs Francisco Tárrega’s Recuerdos de la Alhambra in the above video.
Other remote ensemble performances from the Department of Music:
- The department celebrates its graduates with Pomp and Circumstance
- UC Davis Horns and Friends — Léo Delibes’ Introduction to Coppélia
- UC Davis Percussion Group — John Cage's Musicircus
Meat Lab shares a popular recipe
Home chefs can now recreate the Meat Lab’s Cajun tri-tip rub with an instructional video. The rub comprises:
- 1 Tbsp cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried mustard powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
Watch the above video for the full process.