- Tuesday morning social for alumni-turned-staff
- Homecoming Pep Rally, Oct. 14; football, Oct. 15
- Food and beverage events, open houses, lectures
- Town-gown partnership features Discover Davis
One of the Cal Aggie Alumni Association’s newest networks will kick off Aggie Spirit Week by hosting a social for “one of the largest concentrations of Aggie alums out there — UC Davis employees!”
It is one of a variety of spirit week events mostly scheduled from Monday through Sunday, Oct. 10-16, including the Homecoming Pep Rally and football game.
The Alumni Employee Network, established in July, invites all alumni-turned-UC Davis employees to the Aggie Spirit Week social, 8:30-10 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 11, on the Moss Patio at the Buehler Alumni Center. Coffee and pastries will be provided, and staff members can take the opportunity to be photographed for head shots, courtesy of Scott S. Loewen-Towner, Staff Assembly coordinator. Also, the first 15 people to arrive will receive UC Davis Alumni and Affiliate mugs. Please register for the social here. Note to alumni employees: Read on to see how you can participate in the inaugural Running of the Aggie Alumni!
Food and beverage events during Aggie Spirit Week include the Harvest Festival at the Segundo Dining Commons, Oct. 12, open to all; and Aggie Hour at The Gunrock, Oct. 14. The TASTE event at the Robert Mondavi Institute for Wine and Food science is sold out.
The calendar also includes the Museum of Wildlife and Fish Biology’s 50th Anniversary Celebration (Oct. 13) and an open house at the Bohart Museum of Entomology (Oct. 15), along with information sessions and tours, and a couple of lectures:
- California Studio Artist in Residence — Jessica Segall, performance, video and installation artist, Oct. 13
- “Plants, Insects and Art: Mary Foley Benson's Scientific Illustrations” — Srdan Tunic, master's degree candidate in art history, and an associate at the Bohart Museum of Entomology, Oct. 15
Still more events include Chair Share in the Arboretum (Oct. 14), as well as exhibitions and concerts and men’s and women’s soccer games that happen to coincide with Aggie Spirit Week.
Events sponsored by the Cal Aggie Alumni Association, or CAAA, include:
- Golden Society Reunion — 50th anniversary celebration of the Class of 1972, Oct. 12, in person
- Connect and Reflect — Reminiscing with fellow Aggies, Oct. 13, remote
The CAAA also announced a pre-spirit week event, Aggie Spirits: Roaring ’20s, a speakeasy-themed affair at J.J. Pfister Distilling Co. in Sacramento, Oct. 8.
- Pep Rally — Noon-2 p.m. Friday, Oct. 14, Silo Patio. Featuring Gunrock, the UC Davis Marching Band, and the Cheer and Dance teams, all in support of Aggie football players as they prepare to take on Northern Arizona University in a Big Sky Conference matchup the next day.
- Football — 4 p.m. kickoff, Saturday, Oct. 15, UC Davis Health Stadium, Aggies vs. the Lumberjacks. They have identical records: 1-4 overall, 0-2 in conference play.
Football tickets, priced from $10 to $60 (including $3 fee per ticket) are available as follows:
- In person — UC Davis Ticket Office, UC Davis Health Stadium, northeast corner to the right of Gate 1, 20-minute visitor parking available directly in front of the stadium off southbound La Rue Road. Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Phone — 530-752-2471
Or consider this CAAA package: a pre-game Ice Cream Social and a ticket to the game (Section 124 with fellow Aggie alumni and parents). Enter Promo Code CAAAHOMECOMING here, then select “Football vs. Northern Arizona.” Price: $45 (including $3 ticket fee).
Another CAAA extra: Running of the Aggie Alumni, before the football game, an event modeled after “Running of the First-Years.”
Discover Davis, presented by the Davis Chamber of Commerce and Recology Davis, co-sponsored by Sudwerk Brewing Co. and in partnership with CAAA, will feature local businesses and student housing information, all in one place, the Sudwerk Dock, 2001 2nd St. The event also will include food trucks and breweries, game zone, pumpkin decorating and entertainment. 5:30-8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 14.
Dateline Staff: Dave Jones, editor, 530-752-6556, firstname.lastname@example.org; Cody Kitaura, News and Media Relations specialist, 530-752-1932, email@example.com.