Updated 8:45 a.m. March 18: Unitrans, the ASUCD-city bus service, today moved to Weekend Service, under which buses operate only on the G, K, M, P, Q, O and V-MU lines, starting at 7 a.m. This will continue until at least March 27. Service levels for spring quarter are being reviewed.
In response to recent UC Davis campus directives to cancel in-person final exams and to encourage employees to work from home, Unitrans is reducing service levels during finals week, March 16-20:
- No service to/from the Silo Terminal on campus, which means the A, C, D, J and W lines will be out of service.
- The L and V lines will operate to/from the Memorial Union Terminal every 30 minutes.
- The G, K, M, P, Q and Z lines will operate every 30 minutes.
- The B, E and F lines will operate every 60 minutes instead of every 30 minutes.
- The T line will operate based on the bell times at Davis Joint Unified schools, which may be subject to change by the district.
“Unitrans is making these changes in response to decreasing demand for service, and to accommodate our own workforce needs to the degree possible,” said Teri Sheets, assistant general manager for administration at Unitrans. “Many of our student employees want to and will continue to work, which will ease the burden for our employees who need to step back in response to academic or personal needs. It’s an excellent display of teamwork in action.”
During spring break, March 23-27, Unitrans plans to operate as follows:
- Standard Break Service from March 23-26 (buses run to and from the Memorial Union Terminal only).
- On March 27, in observance of Cesar Chavez Day, Unitrans will operate a special extended weekend level of service. All weekend lines will start at 7 a.m., and the T line will operate as regularly scheduled on Fridays. In addition, there will be special 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. trips on the P and Q lines.
In the meantime, Unitrans is responding to concerns over the coronavirus by taking the following measures to protect customers and employees:
- Unitrans maintenance staff is sanitizing all interior bus surfaces at the end of each day.
- Drivers and conductors are instructed to wipe down their workspaces at the start of their shifts.
- Drivers and conductors may decline to handle cash or 10-ride tickets. Those fare methods will still be accepted — please follow driver and conductor instructions on placing cash and 10-ride ticket stubs into the farebox.
Customers are encouraged to bring hand sanitizer or other personal hygiene products they wish to use before, during and after riding the bus at their own discretion.
Any additional service changes will be posted on the Unitrans website, unitrans.ucdavis.edu, and on the Unitrans Facebook page. Customers who have questions or need trip planning assistance can call Unitrans at 530-752-2877.