Registration is underway for the UC Davis Retiree Center’s annual four-part Transitioning to Retirement workshop series, beginning Jan. 13 on the Davis campus and Feb. 17 on the Sacramento campus. The workshops are for staff members, faculty and other academics, and physicians who are considering retirement within five years.
Each series will meet on four consecutive Tuesdays, and each campus will have one set of workshops for staff (in the mornings), and another set for faculty and other academics, and physicians (in the afternoons).
Workshop leaders will include UC Davis staff and faculty and representatives from retirement-focused organizations. Transitioning to Retirement is a joint project of the Retiree Center and the Office of the Vice Provost-Academic Affairs, with support from Staff Development and Professional Services.
- Session 1 — Introduction and Understanding UC Retirement Plan Income Options
- Session 2 — Retiree Health Care Benefits and Social Security
- Session 3 — Financial Planning for Retirement
- Session 4 — Work and Lifestyle Transitions
Here are the dates, times and locations:
- Davis campus — Fridays, Jan. 13, 20 and 27, and Feb. 3. Sessions for staff will be from 9 a.m. to noon in the ballroom at the Conference Center. Sessions for faculty and other academics and physicians will be from 1 to 4 p.m. in the AGR Hall, Buehler Alumni Center.
- Sacramento — Fridays, Feb. 17 and 24, and March 3 and 10. Sessions for staff will be from 9 a.m. to noon, and sessions for faculty and other academics, and physicians will be from 1 to 4 p.m. All sessions in the auditorium of the Comprehensive Cancer Center.
More information and registration
- Transitioning to Retirement for Staff — Learn more about each session, and register (you must register for each session you plan to attend).
- Transitioning to Retirement for Faculty/Physicians/Academics — Learn more about each session, and register (you must register for each session you plan to attend).