- Home football begins with games the next 2 Saturdays
- Free tickets for Sept. 24 football and 3 other contests
- Sept. 24 game also features Staff Assembly Tailgate
Excitement is building for the first two football games of the home season, given that this Saturday’s contest will welcome thousands of incoming first-year and transfer students, who have arrived for orientation; and the game a week later is a special one for staff and faculty (think free tickets and a tailgate, and then think about free tickets for three other athletics events in fall quarter).
The Aggies (0-2) will host the University of San Diego Toreros (1-1) at 7 p.m. Sept. 17 (tickets are available here). Then come the Weber State University Wildcats (undefeated in their first two games) at 7 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 24, in the Big Sky Conference opener for both teams. Read more about Aggie football.
Here’s what’s special Sept. 24 for staff and faculty:
- It’s Staff and Faculty Appreciation Day, entitling staff and faculty to two free tickets each. Get them by clicking here and entering Promo Code STAFFAGGIES. Click on “Find Tickets” for the Weber State football game, then search for tickets by seat or price (don’t worry, the price is zero). You can order guest tickets for $12 each.
- Staff Assembly will host a tailgate, serving hot dogs and veggie dogs, and chips and drinks, free to staff and their families. The event also will include giveaways for the first 200 attendees. The tailgate starts at 4:30 p.m. on the Bob Biggs Practice Field. Volunteer here. The Bob Biggs Practice Field is at the southwest corner of La Rue Road and Hutchison Drive, just outside UC Davis Health Stadium.
One more thing about Sept. 24: UC Davis will dedicate the new Edwards Family Athletics Center at 4 p.m. It’s located between UC Davis Health Stadium and the Bob Biggs Practice Field. The ceremony will be followed by self-guided tours. And then you can walk on over to the Staff Assembly Tailgate! See a video tour of the facility, and see how student athletes are already using the center.
More free tickets
Faculty and Staff Appreciation Days also have been designated for women’s soccer, volleyball and men’s soccer in fall quarter — meaning faculty and staff can get two free tickets for those events, too. Here are the dates and times:
- Women’s soccer vs. UC Irvine — 3 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 22
- Men’s soccer vs. Cal Poly — 4 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 28
- Volleyball vs. Cal Poly — 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 10
Get your free tickets for these events by clicking here and entering Promo Code STAFFAGGIES. Click on “Find Tickets” for the events you wish to attend, then enter the number of free tickets you would like (one or two). You can order guest tickets for $5 each.
The rest of the home schedule (all dates are Saturdays):
- Oct. 15 — Northern Arizona, 4 p.m. (Homecoming, Hall of Fame, and Parent and Family Weekend)
- Oct. 29 — Cal Poly, 4 p.m. (Battle of the Golden Horseshoe and Ag Day)
- Nov. 5 — Idaho State, 4 p.m. (Senior Day, Doxie Derby and Salute to Heroes)
Season tickets and single-game tickets are available as follows: