Chancellor Gary S. May has appointed a recruitment advisory committee for the position of vice chancellor of Student Affairs.
Emily Galindo has been filling the role on an interim basis since March 2018 after Adela de la Torre vacated the post to become president of San Diego State University. Galindo, who started at UC Davis as an administrative assistant 35 years ago, is featured in the video above.
Now UC Davis is launching a national search for a permanent replacement. A nationally recognized search firm will assist the committee in its task of identifying no fewer than three finalists for the chancellor’s consideration.
Chancellor May appointed Jennifer Curtis, dean of the College Engineering, to serve as chair of the recruitment advisory committee. The rest of the committee:
- Neptaly Aguilera — alumnus; and board member, Chicanx/Latinx Alumni Association
- Sheri Atkinson — associate vice chancellor for Student Life and Campus Community and Retention Services, Division of Student Affairs
- Paul Cody — assistant director, Center for Student Involvement; and chair, Staff Assembly
- Slande Erole — Ph.D. candidate in political science; and graduate assistant to the chancellor and the Graduate Studies dean
- Don Hunt — associate vice chancellor, Enrollment Management
- Justin Hurst — undergraduate student majoring in evolution, ecology and biodiversity, and international relations; and president, ASUCD
- Ari Kelman — associate dean, Undergraduate Academic Programs and Planning, College of Letters and Science
- Paul Kim — director, Counseling Services, Student Health and Counseling Services
- Kristin Lagattuta — professor of psychology; and chair, Davis Division of the Academic Senate
- Sarah Mangum — assistant vice chancellor, budget director
- Katrina Manrique — undergraduate student majoring in history and English; and undergraduate student advisor to the chancellor
- Lina Mendez — associate director, Center for Chicanx and Latinx Academic Student Success; and chair, Staff Diversity Administrative Advisory Committee
- Jonathan Minnick — Ph.D. candidate in musicology; and president, Graduate Student Association
- Karl Mohr — assistant executive vice chancellor, Office of the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor
- Matt Okamoto — assistant vice chancellor, controller
- Branden Petitt — director, Office of Student Development, Student Housing and Dining Services
- Valencia Scott — undergraduate student majoring in anthropology and international relations; and undergraduate student advisor to the chancellor
- Michael Sweeney — chief campus counsel
- Renetta Garrison Tull — vice chancellor, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion