The Well-Being Ticket Deal for staff and faculty is a guaranteed “winner” in May, first because your $10 ticket will get you into not one but three concerts, and second, one of them is the Winners Concert.
The concerts are part of the Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts’ Young Artists Competition, now in its 13th year, supporting artists in the early stages of their careers, providing scholarships to further their musical studies as well as valuable performance opportunities to encourage their artistic growth.
The concerts are scheduled Friday-Sunday, May 5-7, in Jackson Hall:
- Friday, May 5 — Rachel Barton Pine, violin, and Lara Downes, piano, 8 p.m.
- Saturday, May 6 — Competition Finals, 10 a.m.
- Sunday, May 7 — Winners Concert, 2 p.m. Hosted by Downes, the Mondavi Center’s resident pianist.
The Mondavi Center has been offering the Well-Being Ticket Deal for one show a month since January, in partnership with the Staff and Faculty Health and Well-Being Program. The May ticket deal is the last until the Mondavi Center launches its new season in the fall.
Tickets are discounted at $10, and purchases must be made during a specified period — for the May deal, that period begins May 1 and continues through the May 7 concert. Limit two tickets per staff and faculty member.
How to get tickets, May 1-7
- Online — Start here for the Young Artists Competition. Create an account if you do not already have one, and enter the promo code FINALS17 before selecting your tickets. (Look for the “Promo” box on the right side of the page, above “Purchase Instructions.”) Then, the seats you select will be marked $10. Limit of two discount tickets per person.
- By phone — 530-754-2787 or toll-free 866-754-2787.
- In person — The ticket office is open from noon to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. The ticket office also is open one hour before all ticketed events.
Dateline Staff, 530-752-6556, email@example.com