New, returning and existing members of the goClub will receive up to 10 complimentary single-day parking passes for use on the Davis campus, valid through Dec. 31. This benefit of the goClub membership extends to anyone belonging to the carpool, train, bus, bike and walking programs.
Reinstating complimentary parking passes now is one way Transportation Services can immediately help goClub members. The Aggie community has been through so much this year and Transportation Services will continue adapting services wherever possible.
Moving forward together
Transportation Services staff have listened many students and employees since announcing that parking enforcement would resume on Aug. 1, with rate increases starting Sept. 1. Financial realities require that Transportation Services charge for parking, because the revenue maintains the campus infrastructure for roads, structures, pathways, bike parking and more. However, giving complimentary parking to sustainable commuters who occasionally need to drive to campus is something we can do as the most sustainability-minded university in the world.
Meeting this moment
Reinstating benefits for goClub members comes on the heels of improvements to parking. It is part of a broader, long-term effort to adapt toward flexible commute schedules and introduce a more comprehensive campus parking system. Some recent updates include:
- More Hourly Parking Options — All campus permits dispensers now sell a range of hourly permits, which is more cost-effective for people like graduate students who may only need to park for part of the day while attending to research projects on campus.
- Easing Temporary Permit Restrictions — Transportation Services has lifted some permit restrictions to allow A, C and L permit-holders to park closer to their on-campus destinations when heat and air quality are unhealthy.
How to register for complimentary permits
All eligible goClub members will receive a complimentary parking pass for up to 10 days of parking on the Davis Campus, valid through December 31, 2020. New, returning and existing goClub members should complete this form to register and request a complimentary parking pass. Current carpool permit holders don’t need to take any further action (Transportation Services will mail your permit automatically).
Once Transportation Services processes your registration, you will receive an email with options for receiving your 10 complimentary single-day parking pass.
Permit-holders must give up permits to register
Members of the goClub cannot have a parking permit. You may register prior to returning your parking permit, but you must give up your permit before we can issue you a complimentary parking pass.
There are three ways to surrender an existing parking permit: By providing proof it has been destroyed, dropping it off at the Transportation Services office or returning it by mail.
- EMAIL — Send your name and UC Davis ID number, as well as a picture of your permit cut up into at least five pieces, to firstname.lastname@example.org (the barcode must be cut).
- DROP BOX — Place your permit in the drop box located just outside the Transportation Services lobby. Be sure to place your permit in an envelope and include a note requesting cancellation.
- MAIL - Mail your permit to Transportation Services, UC Davis, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616. Mailed permits may take extra time to process.
Looking ahead to new technology
Transportation Services is rolling out new parking technology in 2021 that will do away with physical permits. Starting in January, you can use a new app to purchase daily (or longer) permits via a connected device. Look for more information in the coming months.