Are you contemplating retirement within the next four to 12 months? If so, UC Davis Human Resources invites you to visit UC Davis’ own Retirement Help Desk — during one or more of a dozen drop-in Zoom sessions planned from Feb. 14 to June 28.
“These sessions greatly benefit those planning to retire this year,” said Juliane M Crowley, director of the UC Davis Retiree Center, noting how the UC Retirement Administration Service Center in Oakland can be overwhelmed at this time of year.
As an alternative, UC Davis has assembled a help desk team of three retirement experts: Don Goldberg, interim benefits manager UC Davis HR; Spencer Richards, Fidelity Investments workplace planning and guidance consultant; and Guerren Solbach, UC Davis health care facilitator.
They have answers for your questions about pensions, UC Retirement At Your Service (UCRAYS), Fidelity accounts and retiree health coverage (including health plan options and projected costs including Medicare coordination, so that you can budget for these expenses in retirement).
“By providing these campus sessions we are able to answer most of the questions and decrease the anxiety of the retirement process,” Crowley said.
You may attend as many sessions as you like. Click on your preferred dates and times below to register.
- Tuesday, Feb. 14 — 1:30-3 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 1 — 2-3:30 p.m.
- Monday, March 13 — 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Monday, March 27 — 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Monday, April 3 — 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Monday, April 10 — 2-3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 18 — Noon-1:30 p.m.
- Monday, April 24 — 5:30-7 p.m.
- Monday, May 8 — 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 23 — 2-3:30 p.m
- Friday, June 9 — 10-11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, June 28 — Noon-1:30 p.m.
Dateline Staff: Dave Jones, editor, 530-752-6556, email@example.com; Cody Kitaura, News and Media Relations specialist, 530-752-1932, firstname.lastname@example.org.