- 2 ceremonies to be held Saturday, Dec. 10, in University Credit Union Center
- Regular fall commencement at 10 a.m. and spring makeup ceremony at 2 p.m.
Commencement organizers are seeking staff volunteers for two ceremonies Saturday, Dec. 10: the regular fall ceremony and the last of three spring makeup ceremonies.
Fall commencement will begin at 10 a.m. and the makeup commencement will begin at 2 p.m., both in the University Credit Union Center.
Volunteers will help in such areas as:
- Checking in students
- Guiding students to their seats and to the stage for certificates
- Lining up the stage party and faculty
- Supporting limited mobility/VIP guests and general guest seating
- Presentation of students on stage (pacing and certificates)
“We estimate a total of 50 to 60 staff members are needed to help with the essential tasks to make this ceremony successful for the graduates and their families,” the organizers said.
Staff are advised to ask their supervisors about overtime or accommodations for the additional hours worked. Student employees are welcome to volunteer with approval from their supervisors.
Volunteers for the morning ceremony will be asked to arrive at the venue by 8:15 a.m., unless otherwise notified, and will be treated to breakfast. Volunteers for the afternoon ceremony will be notified when to arrive (approximately 12:15 p.m.) and will be treated to lunch. Each volunteer will receive a commemorative gift.
Doors will open one hour prior to each ceremony, and student check-in will begin at the same time, one hour before each ceremony.
If interested, sign up here by Tuesday, Nov. 29. Assignments will be sent out by Friday, Dec. 2, and a site visit/rehearsal is tentatively scheduled from 1 to 3 p.m. Friday, Dec. 9. The rehearsal is highly recommended for new staff and those assigned to help with seating and directing students and faculty.