- Repro Graphics has a gift for you
- New look and feel for Duo
Free personalized calendars
The UC Davis print shop is once again offering free personalized calendars to staff and faculty.
As always, you get your pick of university-themed photographs, including a kitten rescued from a wildfire and treated for burns at the Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital. Plus, for each month, you can choose up to four special days to highlight.
With its calendar gift offer, Repro Graphics demonstrates its variable-data print capabilities. New this year: white, clear and metallic gold.
“We have been very busy during 2021 updating our digital color equipment,” Repro Graphics states on the calendar order form. “Beyond increasing our speed for shorter delivery times, we now have the capabilities of printing sparkling metallic gold ink, white ink and clear accents on your print projects.
“The metallic gold and clear are highlighted on this year’s calendars. These techniques are also being used on the new UC Davis business cards.
Order your calendar online by Oct. 31. Calendars will be delivered to mail stops for the Davis and Sacramento campuses.
New look and feel for Duo
The Duo multifactor authentication mobile app at UC Davis is getting a makeover. “The application will have an updated look and feel but there are no changes to how we use Duo,” Information and Educational technology announced in a TechNews article.
Here’s what to look for with the change:
- Updated location of the approve-deny buttons so that “approve” is on the right.
- Improved accessibility of the app, including the addition of a landscape view, variable font sizes and improved color contrast.
- Guidance on restoring your accounts if you get a new phone.
- Simpler interface making it easier to find and manage your accounts.
IET gave these dates for the rollout:
- iOS (Apple products) — Oct. 11-18
- Android — Oct. 11-15
If you have automatic app updates enabled on your device, you will receive the new version of Duo Mobile automatically. You can also update Duo Mobile manually from the app store.