Fungal Biology and Ecology
The minor in Fungal Biology and Ecology is open to all students interested in a concentrated exposure to and knowledge of the fungi and allied organisms.
The minor is sponsored by the Plant Pathology Department.
Complete the following three courses (10 units)
- PLP 130 Fungal Biotechnology and Biochemistry (3 units)
- PLP 148 Introductory Mycology (4 units)
- PLP 150 Fungal Ecology (3 units)
Choose 7-9 units
- FST 104 Food Microbiology (3 units)
- PLP 040 Edible Mushroom Cultivation (2 units)
- PLP 135 Field Identification of Mushrooms (1 unit)
- PLP 185 Advanced Mushroom Taxonomy (2 units)
- SAS 030 Mushrooms, Molds, and Society (3 units)
- SSC 111 Soil Microbiology (4 units)
- PLP 224 Advanced Mycology (3 units)
- Available to advanced students with consent of instructor.
Total = 17-19 units