There is an urgent need to develop and commercialize technologies for the sustainable conversion and use of energy. The goal of these minors is to prepare students for careers that require training in energy science and technology, efficiency, and policy. Clean technologies and green technologies including energy are some of the fastest growing markets for new investments. Well-trained individuals in all related fields are needed to provide the level of expertise required to advance technology and policy and to satisfy national and global objectives for greater energy sustainability.
The minors are designed to accommodate persons of diverse backgrounds with educational interests in areas that may include engineering, science, policy, economics, planning, and management.
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade. A grade of C- or better is required for all courses used to satisfy minor requirements with an overall GPA in the required minor courses of 2.000 or better.
- Only one course overlap allowed between major and minor.
Complete the following courses (8 units)
- ENG 188 Science and Technology of Sustainable Power Generation (4 units)
- ECI 125 Building Energy Performance (4 units)
Choose 12 units from the following
- ECI 143 Green Engineering Design and Sustainability (4 units)
- ESP 167 Energy Policy (4 units)
- DES 136A Lighting Technology and Design (4 units)
- DES 136B Designing with Light - Industrial Design (4 units)
- DES 137A Daylighting and Interior Design (4 units)
Total = 20 units