UC Davis is joining students and professional colleagues around the world today to celebrate the first One Health Day. The event will showcase projects that demonstrate One Health’s collaborative approach to addressing critical global health challenges.
Here’s how can you participate:
Thursday, Nov. 3
Global One Health Day: Live-Streamed Sessions
- 8-11 a.m. and noon-5 p.m. PDT
- Bechtel Conference Room (1005 Vet Med 3B)
- Connect online at the One Health Institute website
Join students, staff and faculty in the Health Sciences District on the Davis campus to engage with One Health events as they are live-streamed and webcast from around the world. We will be joining open and available events as listed on the One Health Day website and discussing One Health topics.
Visit the One Health Institute website for a schedule of events and to connect live. You can also follow along on Twitter, Facebook and our live feed. Share your thoughts about the day on social media using the hashtag #onehealthday.
Our own One Health Day activities extend to Saturday, Nov. 5, ending with an all-day symposium.
Friday, Nov. 4
One Health Career Panel
Veterinary students will have a chance to pick the brains of faculty members and doctoral students working in the fields of One Health and wildlife. This event is open to the public, but seating is limited.
Saturday, Nov. 5
One Health Symposium: ‘Collaboration in the Face of a Changing Environment’
- 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Gladys Valley Hall
- Hosted by the UC Davis One Health Institute and Students for One Health
- Take a look at the agenda and register online
The university's third annual One Health Symposium will feature experts across many disciplines. The deans of the UC Davis schools of Nursing, Medicine and Veterinary Medicine will give the day’s capstone address. Discussion topics include the Zika virus, food in the face of climate change, emergency preparedness and planetary health.
- Global One Health Day news release
- Global One Health Day events calendar
- Matt Blake, UC Davis One Health Institute, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peter Costa, email@example.com
- Chris Vanlangendonck, firstname.lastname@example.org