Checklist for Freshman Applicants
Get to know us better!
- Schedule a campus visit.
- Take a virtual tour of campus.
- Check out our campus viewbook.
- Attend UC Davis Picnic Day on Saturday, April 21, 2018.
- Visit us during one of the campus cultural events.
Before your junior year
- Create your personalized academic interest profile to learn about UC Davis majors, connect with advisers and find out about upcoming admission events. Our Facebook community is a great place to hear from current students about their UC Davis experiences.
- Download our Admission Requirements brochure to learn more about admission, majors and applying.
- Set up a plan of study with your high school counselor. Meet with your counselor annually to ensure that courses meet UC Davis admission requirements.
- Start participating in extracurricular activities.
- Plan your college finances with your family, and understand your financial aid options.
- Take the PSAT and/or PACT during your sophomore year.
- Begin attending college fairs and have your questions answered by UC Davis representatives. See when we will be in your neighborhood.
During your junior year
- Consider taking the ACT with Writing or SAT with Essay examinations early—visit act.org and collegeboard.org for dates.
NOTE: The SAT Subject Tests are not required, but may be considered.
- Begin researching college scholarships. Start by looking at our list of scholarships.
During your senior year
- Start your UC undergraduate application for admission and scholarships as early as August 1.
- Schedule time to take or retake college admissions tests no later than December 31.
- Research UC Davis scholarship opportunities.
- Apply for financial aid annually, between October 1 and March 2 at fafsa.ed.gov or dream.csac.ca.gov (UC Davis code 001313).
- Complete and submit the UC undergraduate application for admission and scholarships by Nov. 30.
- Add UC Davis Undergraduate Admissions to your email safe-sender list: we will send all messages to the email address listed on your application.
- Establish your MyAdmissions account.
- Take required ACT with Writing or SAT with Essay examinations before the December 31 deadline and have your test scores sent directly to UC Davis Undergraduate Admissions.
- Apply for financial aid annually, between October 1 and March 2 at fafsa.ed.gov or dream.csac.ca.gov (UC Davis code 001313). Receive your Student Aid Report conﬁrming receipt of your financial aid application.
- Submit your Cal Grant GPA verification form by March 2.
- Check your UC Davis application status at myadmissions.ucdavis.edu.
- Notify UC Davis of any changes in academic courses or performance.
- Check your UC Davis admission status and financial aid award as early as mid-March at myadmissions.ucdavis.edu.
- If admitted, submit your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) and Statement of Legal Residence (SLR) online by May 1.
- If admitted, apply for the Cal Aggie Alumni Association (CAAA) Leadership Scholarship by May 1.