Checklist for Freshman Applicants
Plan your freshman admission process and use our checklist below to make sure you're on track with meeting all milestones, deadlines and requirements.
Get to know us better!
- Schedule a campus visit.
- Take a virtual tour of campus.
- Check out our campus viewbook.
- Attend UC Davis Picnic Day on Saturday, April 21, 2018.
- Visit us during one of the campus cultural events.
Before your junior year
- Create your personalized academic interest profile to learn about UC Davis majors, connect with advisors and find out about upcoming admission events. Our Facebook community is a great place to hear from current students about their UC Davis experiences.
- Download our Admission Requirements brochure to learn more about admission, majors and applying.
- Set up a plan of study with your high school counselor. Meet with your counselor annually to ensure that courses meet UC Davis admission requirements.
- Start participating in extracurricular activities.
- Plan your college finances with your family, and understand your financial aid options.
- Take the PSAT and/or PACT during your sophomore year.
- Begin attending college fairs and have your questions answered by UC Davis representatives. See when we will be in your neighborhood.
During your junior year
- Consider taking the ACT with Writing or SAT with Essay examinations early—visit act.org and collegeboard.org for dates.
NOTE: The SAT Subject Tests are not required, but may be considered.
- Begin researching college scholarships. Start by looking at our list of scholarships.
During your senior year
- Start your UC undergraduate application for admission and scholarships as early as August 1.
- Schedule time to take or retake college admissions tests no later than December 31.
- Research UC Davis scholarship opportunities.
- Apply for financial aid annually, between October 1 and March 2 at fafsa.ed.gov or dream.csac.ca.gov (UC Davis code 001313).
- Complete and submit the UC undergraduate application for admission and scholarships by Nov. 30.
- Add UC Davis Undergraduate Admissions to your email safe-sender list: we will send all messages to the email address listed on your application.
- Establish your MyAdmissions account.
- Take required ACT with Writing or SAT with Essay examinations before the December 31 deadline and have your test scores sent directly to UC Davis Undergraduate Admissions.
- Apply for financial aid annually, between October 1 and March 2 at fafsa.ed.gov or dream.csac.ca.gov (UC Davis code 001313). Receive your Student Aid Report conﬁrming receipt of your financial aid application.
- Submit your Cal Grant GPA verification form by March 2.
- Check your UC Davis application status at myadmissions.ucdavis.edu.
- Notify UC Davis of any changes in academic courses or performance.
- Check your UC Davis admission status and financial aid award as early as mid-March at myadmissions.ucdavis.edu.
- If admitted, submit your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) and Statement of Legal Residence (SLR) online by May 1.
- If admitted, apply for the Cal Aggie Alumni Association (CAAA) Leadership Scholarship by May 1.