Our university excels in education, global research and helping students succeed. Check out how we are known for being affordable and a good investment.
- 104 undergraduate majors
- 96 graduate programs, with more than half interdisciplinary
- 38 percent of undergraduates conduct research, typically working directly with faculty, postdoctoral researchers and graduate students
- 18:1 undergraduate student-to-faculty ratio
- Our University Honors Program offers the experience of a selective liberal arts college with the resources and opportunities of a world-class research university
- Our world-renowned faculty care about their students’ success and are focused on educating them for a competitive world
- You’ll have access to 10 million items in the University Library, including books, journals, music and maps, in print and digital formats
We welcome international students, offering many services to help students achieve, including language programs for undergraduate and graduate students, and classes that connect you to UC Davis’ culture.
1,300 UC Davis students study abroad each year attending 50-plus programs led by our own instructors in 30-plus countries, and many other programs through the University of California Education Abroad Program and independent providers.
Friends, fun and community
We own sustainable
- 29 percent of food bought for the dining commons is sustainably grown
- Our biodigester, invented here, has a daily capacity to turn 50 tons of waste into energy for the campus
- The Tercero Phase 3 student housing project received the highest possible rating of platinum from the U.S. Green Building Council
- Our West Village community is designed to generate all the energy the community needs, mostly through solar
We help you afford college
- 54 percent of undergraduate California residents have their systemwide tuition and fees covered by gift aid
- 44 percent of students graduated debt free in 2013-2014
- About 75 percent of aid comes in the form of grants, scholarships and work-study
It’s a great return on your investment
Alumni excel: We’re 31st among the top 50 U.S. universities and colleges for amount of money made over 20 years after earning a degree.
We’re a public college “best value”: In the U.S., UC Davis is 37th for in-state tuition and 57th for those paying out-of-state tuition.