The defending Big Sky Conference champion UC Davis Aggie football team opens its preseason this Saturday (Aug. 31) at Cal, for what will be the 10th meeting between the schools. A UC Davis Tailgate will precede the game. See below for more information.
The Aggies play another away game, Sept. 7 at San Diego, before the home opener, Saturday, Sept. 14 vs. Lehigh. As that game approaches, UC Davis Athletics announced two ticket deals for staff and faculty (one for season tickets, the other for the Lehigh game), and Staff Assembly announced it will host a free tailgate before the Lehigh game.
- Season tickets (five games) — $120 per reserved seat, a 33 percent discount. See the home schedule below.
- Home opener vs. Lehigh, 7 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 14, Faculty and Staff Appreciation Day — Two free tickets, with the option of buying additional tickets at $10 apiece for your guests.
You can access both ticket offers here; use promo code STAFFAGGIES. Note: Sept. 14 is also Youth Day, when tickets are free for ages 13 and under; use promo code: YOUTHAGGIES.
The Staff Assembly Tailgate, starting at 5 p.m. before the Lehigh game Sept. 14, is for staff and their families — and will be Staff Assembly's second annual pregame party. The staff organization will be serving hot dogs and turkey dogs, chips and drinks, and conducting prize drawings in which you could win an invite for you and your family to sit with Chancellor Gary S. May and LeShelle May in their box seats, for a quarter; or a Disneyland vacation. More information on the tailgate is available on the Staff Assembly website.
Other ticket options
- UC Davis Children’s Hospital Family Pack
- Bay Pack — One away game, Aug. 31 at Cal; and two home games, Oct. 12 vs. Cal Poly and Nov. 16 vs. Montana State
- 3-Game Mini Plan (all at UC Davis) — Sept. 14 vs. Lehigh, Oct. 12 vs. Cal Poly and Oct. 26 vs. Weber State
- Brewfest Combo Ticket — Attend the 10th annual Brewfest and the game afterward, against Weber State, Oct. 26.
Tickets (season tickets and other packages, and single home games) are available through the UC Davis Ticket Office:
- In person (northeast corner of UC Davis Health Stadium) — 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Phone — 530-752-AGS1 (2471)
The home schedule
All games are on Saturdays.
- Sept. 14 — vs. Lehigh, 7 p.m., Faculty and Staff Appreciation Day, UC Davis Health Stadium Dedication, Youth Day
- Sept. 28 — vs. Montana, 1 p.m., Educator Appreciation Day, Cal Aggie Athletics Hall of Fame Game
- Oct. 12 — vs. Cal Poly (Battle for the Golden Horseshoe), time TBA, Homecoming, Parent/Family Weekend
- Oct. 26 — vs. Weber State, time TBA, Brewfest, Cheer/Dance Clinic
- Nov. 16 — vs. Montana State, time TBA, Salute to Heroes, Ag Day, Vet Med Day, Senior Day
Aggie vs. Bears
Kickoff is set for 3:30 p.m. in Memorial Stadium. Tickets are available online and by phone, 800-462-3277, from the Cal ticket office.
The tailgate (with game ticket and transportation options) will start at 12:30 p.m. on Evans Diamond. The tailgate includes buffet lunch with hamburgers, hot dogs, barbecue chicken, salad, baked beans and fresh watermelon; soft drinks, water, iced tea and two alcoholic beverages per paying adult (beer and wine only). Tickets are available online for the tailgate only, $25-$60; or in packages: tailgate and game ticket, $45-$95; and tailgate, game ticket and bus transportation to and from the game, $75-$125.
Chancellor Gary S. May, who will attend the tailgate and the game, is hoping for “bragging rights” over his alma mater UC Berkeley, where he earned master’s and doctoral degrees in electrical engineering and computer science.