Faculty, staff and student organizations are asking their constituents to weigh in on the chancellor search, in two ways: online (by midnight tomorrow) and at town halls next week.
• Respond to this question online, “What do you want to see in our new chancellor?” This question went out by mass email last Thursday, and the deadline for responses is 11:59 p.m. Wednesday (Oct. 5). All responses are anonymous.
The Academic Senate’s representatives to the search advisory committee initiated this inquiry, and collaborated with the Academic Federation, Staff Assembly, ASUCD and Graduate Student Association to distribute the question to everyone on both campuses, Davis and Sacramento.
The form asks each respondent to specify his or her constituency group, so that each group can receive the responses of its members.
• Attend a town hall next Tuesday, Oct. 11, on either the Davis or Sacramento campuses.
Six town halls are planned, the first one from 8 to 9 a.m. on the Sacramento campus, in 2222 Education Building.
The other five will be on the Davis campus, in the Vanderhoef Studio Theatre at the Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts. Each session has been designated for a specific constituency, but you are welcome to attend whichever session fits in your schedule.
- 10:30-11:30 a.m. — Academic Federation
- Noon-1 p.m. — Staff (hosted by Staff Assembly)
- 1:15-2:15 p.m. — Academic Senate
- 2:30-3:30 p.m. — Graduate and professional students (hosted by the Graduate Student Association)
- 3:45-4:45 p.m. — Undergraduate students (hosted by ASUCD)