- Deadline extended to the close of business Tuesday, April 26
- Celebrations will be Tuesday, May 10, and Wednesday, May 11
- “Indiana Jones” movie at the drive-in will close out TGFS week
Today’s the day, folks — Tuesday (April 26) — the last day to order meal tickets for Thank Goodness for Staff, which is being held in person this year after having been forced by the pandemic to go virtual the last two years (virtual, as in no lunch).
Lunch is back for 2022! The ticket order deadline is four days later than originally announced, thanks to an extension announced by Staff Assembly late last week.
All staff are invited to TGFS: either the main event on Wednesday, May 11, on Russell Field, or the nighttime event Tuesday, May 10, at Putah Creek Lodge, for alternate shift workers, and have been granted two hours of release time to attend.
You’re welcome to attend without a ticket and bring your own lunch. But you’ll need a ticket if you want a free lunch. No tickets will be sold at TGFS.
Find out who in your department or unit is taking ticket orders, and make sure your name is on the list. The collective orders are due to Staff Assembly by 5 p.m. today, via this online form.
AT A GLANCE
- WHAT: Thank Goodness for Staff
- NIGHTTIME TGFS: 8-11 p.m. Tuesday, May 10, for alternate shift workers, Putah Creek Lodge
- MAIN EVENT: 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 11, Russell Field
- TRANSPORTATION AND PARKING FOR THE MAIN EVENT
- Please walk or bike (Transportation Services will provide complimentary parking for bikes)
- Ride a shuttle bus for free, starting at 11 a.m. from Research Park, Drew Circle, Cousteau Place, Pena Drive, California National Primate Research Center, Hopkins Road and Genome Building. See the shuttle schedule here.
- Park your car for free in the Quad garage (levels 2 and higher), and Lot 22 and Lot 25, from 10 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
- Lunch is on the chancellor and your department or unit — but you must have a ticket, purchased in advance through your department or unit.
- You can attend for free and bring your own lunch.
- NEED SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS? Please contact Staff Assembly by email no less than two weeks prior to TGFS.
Tickets will be available for pickup starting next week: from noon Monday (May 2) to 5 p.m. Tuesday, May 10, at the UC Davis Ticket Office, northeast corner of UC Davis Health Stadium, to the right of the main gate. The ticket office is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 20-minute visitor parking is available directly in front of the stadium, off southbound La Rue Road. Please remember to bring your e-mail receipt.
Vendor fair, drive-in movie
The TGFS main event will feature photo opportunities with Gunrock and dunking opportunities with Chancellor Gary S. May (in the dunk tank!), as well as photo booths and caricature artists. The Vendor and Sponsor Showcase will feature local businesses and campus departments offering information, deals and prizes.
TGFS week will conclude with a free drive-in movie for everyone at 8 p.m. Friday (May 13). Load the family into the car and head on out to the West Wind Drive-In, 9616 Oates Drive, Sacramento, to see Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. The PG-rated movie runs for 1 hour and 55 minutes. Register here for the movie.