Gunrock Gaming, the home for PC gaming at UC Davis, has relocated to the Games Area in the basement of the Memorial Union.
The center features high-end gaming computers and more than a dozen games, playable by anyone for an hourly fee. The computers in the center are Alienware Aurora R7 machines featuring quick processors, powerful graphics cards and sharp monitors.
IF YOU GO
- WHAT: PC gaming lounge open to all
- WHERE: In the basement of the Memorial Union
- WHEN: 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Sunday-Thursday and 11 a.m.-1 a.m. Friday and Saturday
- COST: $5 per hour (or five hours for $20) for students, $10 per hour (or five hours for $40) for everyone else
The available games at Gunrock Gaming include:
- Apex Legends
- League of Legends
- CounterStrike: Global Offensive
- Dota 2
- The Sims
- World of Warcraft
- Heroes of the Storm
- StarCraft Remastered
- StarCraft II
- Diablo III
- Magic: the Gathering Arena
Prices for Gunrock Gaming start at $5 an hour or $20 for five hours for students and $10 an hour or $40 for five hours for the rest of the community. Unlimited passes are also available.
The Games Area’s console games — Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4 and Xbox One — have been moved into the Games Area lounge, where numerous board games are also available. The old Gunrock Gaming location in the Memorial Union’s east wing is the future home of KDVS.
Hayley Morris in an intern in the Office of Strategic Communications.