Skip to main content
- ADMAN conference — Registration is open for the Administrative Management Group’s annual conference, scheduled this year for Tuesday, March 17, with a theme of “It Starts With Us.” The conference is open to all UC Davis staff members at all levels who are interested in professional development.
- UC MEXUS and Alianza UCMX workshop — Representatives from the UC Institute for Mexico and the United States, and the UC-Mexico Initiative will discuss fellowships and grants available to UC Davis faculty, researchers, postdoctoral scholars and students, for research and education in Mexico. Also, a report on the integration of UC-Mexico programs: UC MEXUS, UC-Mexico Initiative and Casa de California, which now fall under Alianza UCMX. Noon-1:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14, 3130 International Center. RSVP here.
- Call for proposals for UC MEXUS-CONACYT Grants for Collaborative Research — Provided by the University of California Institute for Mexico and the United States (UC MEXUS) and El Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología (CONACYT) to UC-Mexican teams. Deadline: Feb. 24.
- Call for proposals for UC MEXUS-CONACYT Postdoctoral Research Fellowships — Provided by the University of California Institute for Mexico and the United States (UC MEXUS) and El Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología (CONACYT) to UC and Mexican researchers. Deadline: Feb. 24.
- Call for proposals for STAIR (Science Translation and Innovative Research) Proof-of-Concept Grant Program — Information sessions are scheduled Feb. 4, 7, 13, 18, 21 and 28. Deadline for proposals: March 3.
- Call for applications for DIAL (Data, Informatics and Application Launch) Proof-of-Concept Grant Program — Information sessions are scheduled Feb. 4, 7, 13, 18, 21 and 28. Deadline for proposals: March 3.
- Call for proposals for CITRIS seed funding — The Center for Information Technology Research in the Interest of Society and the Banatao Institute have a total of $500,000 available for principal investigators, $40,000 to $60,000 per project in these fields: sustainable infrastructures, people and robots, health, policy lab, future of work and women in tech. Deadline: March 18.
- Call for applications for funding from the UC Davis Blum Center for Developing Economies, offering grants to students for poverty-alleviation projects next summer — Poverty Alleviation Through Action, or PATA, is for undergraduates, deadline March 15. Poverty Alleviation Through Sustainable Solutions, or PASS, is for graduate students, deadline March 20.
- Call for applications for Edward A. Dickson Emeriti Professorship Awards — Administered by the UC Davis Emeriti Association, providing support to emeriti/ae professors for their teaching, research and-or public service. Deadline: April 18.
Roads and paths
- Bus stop closure in Visitor Parking Lot 56 (Health Sciences District) — Transportation Services, or TAPS, announced at 4:19 p.m. Feb. 11 that this bus stop in front of the Genome and Biomedical Sciences Facility will return to service Tuesday, Feb. 18. Until then, the intercampus shuttle and Yolobus will continue to use the temporary stops on Hutchison Drive (eastbound and westbound) at Health Sciences Drive. Buses have been diverted from the parking lot during a steam vault project.