There is an urgent need to develop and commercialize technologies for the sustainable conversion and use of energy. The goal of these energy minors is to prepare students for careers that require training in energy science and technology, efficiency, and policy. Clean technologies and green technologies including energy are some of the fastest growing markets for new investments. Well-trained individuals in all related fields are needed to provide the level of expertise required to advance technology and policy and to satisfy national and global objectives for greater energy sustainability.
The minors are designed to accommodate persons of diverse backgrounds with educational interests in areas that may include engineering, science, policy, economics, planning and management.
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade. A grade of C- or better is required for all courses used to satisfy minor requirements with an overall GPA in the required minor courses of 2.000 or better.
- Only one course overlap allowed between major and minor.
Complete the following courses (8 units)
- ENG 188 Science and Technology of Sustainable Power Generation (4 units)
- ESP 167 Energy Policy (4 units)
Choose 10 units from the following
- ECI 125 Building Energy Performance (4 units)
- ESP 171 Urban and Regional Planning (4 units)
- ESP 163 Energy and Environmental Aspects of Transportation (4 units)
- ESP 168A Methods of Environmental Policy Evaluation (5 units)
- POL 105 The Legislative Process (4 units)
- POL 109 Public Policy and the Governmental Process (4 units)
- POL 122 International Law (4 units)
- POL 164 Public Opinion (4 units)
- POL 162 Elections and Voting Behavior (4 units)
Total = 18 units