DAY-OF COMMENCEMENT INFORMATION
- Prior to the ceremony, graduates will have the opportunity to meet their faculty and take photos.
- Regalia return will be located outside of Meeting Room 1 at the ARC Conference Center.
- For those planning an off-campus lunch or celebration, the recommended time would be after 1 pm/5 pm (respectively).
- If driving, we highly recommend carpooling – fill up those empty seats! Or, if you’re looking to avoid traffic congestion altogether, choose a car-free Commencement.
ADMISSION TO THE CEREMONY/TICKET INFORMATION
- Tickets are general admission and plan to come early.
- Doors open at 9 a.m./1 p.m. (respectively) and all guests over the age of 2 must have a ticket. Guest seating is first come, first serve.
UC Davis students, faculty, family and friends of graduates are welcome to attend commencement ceremonies as space allows.
- Tickets are REQUIRED for each guest (except infants and toddlers under the age of 2 years).
- Tickets are issued only and directly to the graduates.
- Ticket allocation is predetermined based on the anticipated graduate attendance for each ceremony. Likewise, the amount of extra tickets available (if any) for distribution cannot be determined until after the close of registration. Extra tickets can be requested by the graduate when registering for commencement.
- University policy prohibits the selling of commencement tickets for money or for any commercial value. Violation will result in referral to Student Judicial Affairs.
- For those who cannot make it to campus, all ceremonies are shown live (through the commencement homepage) and on-demand at Commencement Archives.
Photos taken by family or friends will be permitted from their seats or from the designated photo areas available during the ceremony. Tripods will NOT be allowed into any of our commencement venues. Photos may be taken outside of the venues after the ceremony.
Pro Pics is the official photographer for the commencement ceremonies to take portraits of graduates. On-stage photos and individual portraits will be available for purchase from Pro Pics following the graduation ceremonies. After commencement, graduates can go to https://www.propicsgrads.com/ucdavis, click on the link of their ceremony, and search by last name to order photographs. For any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Out of town guests are encouraged to make reservations for accommodations early as commencement events mean more people will be visiting the area and local hotels will fill up fast. Check the sampling of local hotels in and around Davis (Yolo County) as a place to start.
Sacramento (City and County)
SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS FOR GRADUATES
Students should indicate any special needs at the time of registration, or by contacting their school's commencement representative.
SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS FOR GUESTS
- There are wheelchair spaces (which allow for one companion max) at the top of each corner section and at mid-court along the concourse level and elevator access is located in the SW corner. All seating is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- If you need to use one of our assisted-listening devices, you and one other guest (max) should report to the staff ushers located in Section 212. When wearing the device, you will be required to sit in a designated area (lower bench rows in 212 in the stands) for the best reception.
- Live sign language interpreters will be onsite and will be broadcasted picture-in-picture on the jumbo screens. Closed-captioning will be available after commencements on the on-demand stream versions.
- UC Davis does not provide wheelchairs.
PARKING/SHUTTLE ACCOMMODATIONS - GUESTS AND GRADUATES
Complimentary Mobility Assistance Shuttle service will be provided between the Pavilion Parking Structure and the Southeast entrance at the venue from 8am - 4:30pm. Those who wish to utilize this service should park in the Pavilion Parking Structure, and proceed to the shuttle stop located just outside the structure’s west entrance, on the North Dairy Road bike path.
Graduates and guests may park at no charge in Lot 25 or the Pavilion Parking Structure, from 7am - 1pm on commencement day.