You are here


Students must apply to graduate with the Office of the University Registrar in order to officially graduate from UC Davis. Filing to graduate is necessary for your degree to be awarded and to get your diploma. If you have questions about your degree requirements or eligibility to graduate, see an advisor in the office of your College Dean.

Privacy Options

Manage how your public information is shared. If you have designated your student record as All Records Confidential, meaning that you have withheld all information about yourself from public disclosure by the university, your name will not appear in commencement materials.

Verify how your name will appear on your diploma

Your current legal name, as it is on file with the Office of the University Registrar, will appear on your diploma. If your legal name has changed or is misspelled, visit the Office of the University Registrar page to request changes.

Please note: This is the only option for updating your academic record.


Please see the Office of the University Registrar for details about diplomas listed under Academic Records as well as updates on the processing and shipping timing.