The TAG Quick Reference will help guide you through the process.
Open to domestic and international students and those with out-of-country records
Full-time enrollment at a California community college (CCC) from spring 2017 to fall 2018. Part-time enrollment may be permissible with good cause.
Students may be enrolled simultaneously in high school and a CCC during spring 2017, but not thereafter.
Enrollment at a non-CCC institution is prohibited beginning fall 2017 and up to the time of enrollment.
Summer sessions immediately prior to enrollment may not be used to complete courses required for UC eligibility, the required UC-transferable 60 semester (90 quarter) units or any courses required for selection to the major.
- UC Davis TAGs are closed to:
Students with baccalaureate or higher degrees
Former UC students who were not in good standing
Former UC Davis students who were regularly enrolled
Students attending high school in fall 2017 or later, even if simultaneously enrolled at a CCC
Students with UC-transferable units that are greater than or equal to 80 semester (120 quarter) units after applying UC lower-division unit limitations and exclusions—College of Engineering applicants are exempt from this limitation
Complete 30 semester (45 quarter) units that are UC-transferable by the end of summer 2017. These may include Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) units.
Complete 60 semester (90 quarter) units that are UC-transferable by the end of spring 2018. Of these, 30 semester (45 quarter) units, not including AP/IB units, must be from a CCC.
Applies to all UC-transferable courses completed at the time of TAG and up to the date of UC Davis enrollment.
- 3.20 GPA for all majors in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, College of Biological Sciences and College of Letters and Science
3.30 GPA for all majors in the College of Engineering
Course Completion Deadlines
By the end of fall 2017:
UC transfer admission eligibility in English composition (UC-E)—2 courses
UC transfer admission eligibility in mathematics (UC-M)—1 course
Submitting Your TAG Application
Use the UC Transfer Admission Planner (UC TAP) to report all requested information, including:
A full academic history with each college or university of enrollment (domestic and international)
English language programs
Any gaps in education
All grades and courses must be reported as they appear on transcripts. Demonstrate how you will fulfill UC transfer admission and UC Davis selection major requirements by reporting courses in progress and planned.
Majors Available for TAG
All majors (selective and non-selective)—with the exception of undeclared/exploratory programs, the discontinued Natural Sciences major, the suspended Fiber and Polymer Science major and the suspended Textiles and Clothing major—are available for the UC Davis Transfer Admission Guarantee. Landscape Architecture applicants must apply to Pre-Landscape Architecture
Provisions for all selective major course requirements
- In addition to the stated overall GPA, satisfy requirements for a major course group GPA.
- Course group GPAs must be achieved for any courses that are completed at the time of TAG (by end of summer 2017) and must be maintained through enrollment.
- Courses required for selective majors must be completed by the end of spring 2018.
- Courses must be taken for a letter grade, with no grade less than C; repeats in progress are not allowed.
- AP/IB exam equivalencies are acceptable; see the UC Davis General Catalog and counselor section.
College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences: Biotechnology
2.50 GPA in each of the two following major course groups:
- Mathematics 16A/B or Mathematics 17A/B or Mathematics 21A/B
- Chemistry 2A/B/C
Biological Sciences 2A or 2B or 2C (completion of the entire series strongly recommended) with the following GPA variances:
- 3.00 GPA (B grade) if only one course is completed at the time of TAG
- 3.00 GPA in a course or courses comparable to one UC Davis course
- 2.50 GPA in courses comparable to two or more UC Davis courses
College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences: Viticulture and Enology
3.00 group GPA in the following courses:
- General Chemistry 2A/B/C
- Organic Chemistry 8A
- Mathematics 16A
- Physics 1A/B or Physics 7A
- Biological Sciences 2A
Recommended and, if taken, must be included in the 3.00 course group GPA:
- Organic Chemistry 8B
- Mathematics 16B
- Plant Sciences 2
College of Biological Sciences: All Majors
2.50 GPA in each of the following three major course groups:
- Mathematics 17A/B/C or Mathematics 21A/B
- Chemistry 2A/B/C
- Biological Sciences 2A/B/C
College of Engineering: All Majors
3.20 group GPA in courses required for admission. See specific major requirements at ucdavis.edu/admissions/transfer/major-requirements-college-engineering and assist.org (2016-17) with the following exceptions:
- Aerospace Science and Engineering: Physics 9D is no longer required
- Biochemical Engineering: Engineering Chemical and Materials Science (ENG CMS) 6 has been canceled; the major now requires the renamed course Chemical Engineering (ENG CHM) 60 or Engineering Computer Science (ENG CS) 30 or Engineering (ENGIN) 6.
- Chemical Engineering:
- An option to complete Engineering (ENGIN) 17 or Engineering (ENGIN) 35 or Engineering (ENGIN) 45 is now offered.
- Engineering Chemical and Materials Science (ENG CMS) 6 has been canceled; the major now requires the renamed course Chemical Engineering (ENG CHM) 60 or Engineering Computer Science (ENG CS) 30 or Engineering (ENGIN) 6.
- Civil Engineering: Engineering (ENGIN) 45 is no longer required.
- Environmental Engineering: This new major is open to fall 2018 applicants. See courses required for admission online.
- Materials Science and Engineering: Engineering Chemical & Materials Science (ENG CMS) 6 has been canceled. The major now requires the renamed course, Chemical Engineering (ENG CHM) 60, or Engineering Computer Science (ENG CS) 30 or Engineering (ENGIN) 6.
- Mechanical Engineering: Physics 9D is no longer recommended.
- Electrical Engineering majors are encouraged, but not required, to complete the following courses prior to transfer: Communication 1 or 3, Engineering 6, English 3 or University Writing Program 1.
- Mechanical Engineering majors are encouraged, but not required, to complete the following courses prior to transfer: Communication 1 or 3, Engineering 45, English 3 or University Writing Program 1.
College of Letters and Science: Computer Science
3.40 group GPA in the following two course groups:
- Mathematics 21A/B/C
- Engineering Computer Science (ENG CS) 20, 30, 50, 60
If one course from a group is completed at the time the TAG is submitted, that course must be completed with an A- grade or better. ENG CS 40 is strongly recommended for completion prior to transfer; however, it is not required for transfer admission selection.
College of Letters and Science: Psychology
2.90 group GPA in the following courses:
- Psychology 1
- Statistics 13
- One of these two options:
- Biological Sciences 2A or
- Biological Sciences 10 and one course from:
- Anthropology 1 or
- Molecular and Cellular Biology 10 or
- Neurobiology, Physiology and Behavior 10