Current and former members of the U.S. Armed Forces and their dependents have a place at UC Davis. Learn about some of the programs, resources and events available to support you in your academic journey:
Services Focused on the Military and Affiliate Experiences
- The Memorial Union is a central hub of campus life that commemorates the sacrifices of our Gold Star Aggies—students who lost their lives in service to this country. The Gold Star Aggies Wall and Golden Memory Book show the names and stories of our student veterans.
- Veterans Success Center is a welcoming place that can connect you with G.I. Bill benefits, CalVet fee waivers, disability services and any of the many student services available on campus.
- U.S. Air Force, Army, Marine and Navy military science programs offer two-, three- and four-year scholarship opportunities.
- Orientations for student veterans and military dependents cover benefits and services of special interest to military affiliates.
- An academic course focused on “Strategies for Academic Success for Student Veterans" can help you quickly acclimate to campus life.
- Coffee and Donut Thursdays at the Veterans Success Center
- Gold Star Ruck March each spring. This annual event honors and supports families of veterans who were lost in service to our nation.
- Memorial Day Ceremony to honor our fallen Aggies and to remind the campus that those Aggies are the reason for the “Memorial” in Memorial Union
- Military and Veteran Suicide Prevention Awareness Day
- Veterans Week observances include Yellow Ribbons Across the Quad, “Salute to Heroes” football game and tailgate, appreciation lunch and veteran receptions on the Davis and Sacramento campuses.
- Davis Student Veteran Organization provides a forum for collegiality and networking between student veterans and military personnel from all branches of service as well as students committed to advocacy for veterans. The student organization also strives to promote awareness of and advocacy for veteran issues, and works to provide organized service to local veterans and the community.
- UC Davis Veteran Constituency Group fosters unity among campus military affiliates and advocates on behalf of staff, faculty and students who are military affiliates to increase the presence and visibility of military affiliates and their families. This group works to bring about broad-based awareness of military affiliate issues, promote a shared environment of sensitivity and understanding, and encourage excellence and advancement for military affiliates throughout the campus community.
- UC Davis Military Network is an affiliation of UC Davis alumni who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces.
Please visit the Student Resources page for additional listings.
- Veterans Success Center is your one-stop for military community and assistance
- Veterans Affair Benefit assistance, including advising on Cal Vet Fee waivers
- Campus apartments for students with dependents
- Financial aid and military scholarships
- Student Academic Success Center
- Internship and Career Center
- Student Disability Center
- Women’s Resources and Research Center
- Student Parent Childcare Funding Program
- Earl Raehsler, 530-752-5709, Veterans Success Center Coordinator
- Yolanda Torres, 530-752-2020, Veterans Affairs Certifying Official